My first indigo render - Interior(update #1)

Modeled with blender, rendered with indigo
Sorry for the articrafts but i’ve been rendering for 2 hours and it is too much for a test render…

Please post your comments and critics…

Attachments

Honestly thats pretty nice. I’ve never gotten the hang of indigo :frowning: Anyway good job.

very nice work …never used indigo before can you post blender internal render i want to see the difference

nice mood, i would put some books or so on the shelves because to me it looks too empty, anyway good job :wink:
(i don t like indigo due to the sick rendering times :frowning: )

The main diference as regards indigo and blender internal is that in indigo you can very easily set up lighting(for example my scene has only a sunlight, I haven’t used any other light source).What is more the quality of indigo renders is equal to maxwell renders. The only disadvantage to using indigo is that due to the renderer’s unbiased nature, the rendering process takes far too long to be completed perfectly(that’s why you see those dots- artifacts in my scene)for example a simple scene may even take 2 or 3 hours to be rendered perfectly.

What is more the settings on the materials and lighting you must use for indigo renders are very different to the ones of blender internal(for the same scene) so rendering my scene with blender internal without changing the settings, is not the right way to compare the 2 renderers…
What I mean is that they have totaly different architecture…

Yeah it takes far too long… :yes::smiley:
But I don’t care … i don’t care waiting… :smiley:

have you tried luxrenderer (http://www.luxrender2.org/) it seems quite promising to me, i will do so in the next time, when i have some time xD

looking great, i like the floor

UPDATE 1

changed the lighting setup
added some decoratives…

please post your comments or critics

http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/forum/files/im1196675549_172.png

Looks a lot more realistic, because well the sun’s light aint complete white so it looks a lot better now. The added stuff on the wall makes it better as well :slight_smile: If possible a fake outside view would be awesome. Like if you could in some way add a sky picture or maybe a tree outside (theres a tree script somewhere curve2tree i think its called) and yeah. Nice improvement over the last render.

This looks really nice let it cook for longer :).

I will stop for today as my pc was rendring for 5:30 hours…
I am planning to add a vase with a plant in the blacony, a palm tree to the exterior and make some more imporvements…
I will make a new render tommorow…

I like the tone of the second image a lot more, I too would love to see a bit cleaner render. anyway keep it up.

Looking good. I got to try out Indigo some time, the renders from it look really nice. It’s just a pain learning how to change the materials and stuff when changing to another renderer.

Indigo is very easy to use…

There is an automated converter that will take your blender materials and attempt to turn them into indigo materials. It doesnt always work as you would expect to, but if you get yourselft to it and actually try a simple project you’ll get the hand of it pretty quickly.