My First Picture!

(Raven) #1

My first real try at a picture with Blender!

http://dragonrael.tripod.com/Gallery.html

Comments? Suggestions? I’m just starting out with 3d stuff, so critiques and tutorials are appreciated.

p.s. excuse the webpage. I just started on it today.

(pofo) #2

Good start

The roof texture seems a bit big tiled.

1. pofo

(Ecks) #3

hehe I remember this tutorial…I make it too! Nice start!

(Waffler) #4

Looks good. Keep it up and you will soon amaze yourself with art you never imagined yourself being able to create. Starting out is tough, but it keeps getting easier and the results always become better.

(S68) #5

Hehe,

good start :slight_smile:

welcome to the community,

first tip: try to render bigger images :stuck_out_tongue:

Stefano

(blengine) #6

yes bigger render first tip =D

tip 2:
turn OSA on or higher, i dont think ui have it on =)

tip 3:
imcertain thats a sidewalk texture u used for the corners of the castle, lol

just minir stuff :wink: its loking good, try turning the map into a SPOTLIGHT and makeing the CLIP STA higher for some shadows in the scene =)

(BgDM) #7

Hey, I remember doing thst tute as well. It was a long time ago now.

Good start. Everyone else has pointed out what I would say needs to be fixed as well.

For a list of tutes, go to my site http://mysite.iptic.com/bgdm and look under the Links tab. There are a bunch of sites listed with just about every tue you can imagine or want.

Keep on Blendeing and welcome.

BgDM

(Raven) #8

Thanks everyone!

I didn’t know about that OSA button. That helped a lot. I seem to learn something new every day :smiley:

imgranpaboy: What do you mean by “turning the map into a spotlight”?
I’m new at all of this and don’t quite understand…

just minir stuff its loking good, try turning the map into a SPOTLIGHT and makeing the CLIP STA higher for some shadows in the scene =)

(IMProvisar) #9

I imagine the most likely translation is “turning the lamp into a spotlight”

Spotlights are currently the only type of lamp which provides shadows, select your lamp, switch to the lamp window (with the icon that looks like a lightbulb), and you should find a button that says “spotlight”, click that, then rotate the lamp so it’s aiming right.

Imp

(Raven) #10

Ah. I think I get it now. Thanks!