My first python scripts 2.8

Hey folks,

it’s my first time I try to bring some ideas for scripts to the text editor.

Maybe they are practical for somebody :slight_smile:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VDXNnc-RY2pkJ4FqZxeSezQUJu0KjrKz

The plugins should run if they are put into the folder:
“Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\startup” Then you will find them with search

clear_splitnormals.py
-clears all splitnormals of your selected objects, this doesn’t work with alt+click at the moment.

drop_to_floor.py
-it does exactly what it says, for multiple objects.
-The actual code isn’t from me, but I don’t know where I got it from.

random_diffuse_shader.py
-goes through every material in the scene, deletes every nodetree, and puts a basic BSDF setup with random diffuse color in it. Nice for big CAD data imports with messy nodetrees and hundreds of shaders.

random_material_color.py
-puts a random color to the material viewport color

random_object_color.py
-puts a random color to every object in viewport color. Nice if you aren’t satisfied with the random color seed in the viewport shading. Should work for wireframes too but it’s really dark, so the parameters of random should be changed for more saturation maybe.

material_picker.py
-when started, you can pick every shader of every object with a simple mouse click, even when an object has hundreds of materials. This works already in editmode, by selecting polygons, but with this, you don’t have to go to the editmode. Practical with big scenes and huge amounts of geometry.

Would be nice to get some feedback :sunny:

Cheers Daniel

7 Likes

Works fine :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Daniel,
Very nice idea! Thks and Congrats for all py files!
…follow you now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Some of these look really useful… thank you.

1 Like

Updated “material_picker.py” because of despgraph API change.

1 Like

hello daniel,

Unfortunately the link is not availible anymore :frowning:

is there a way to get this usfull scripts elsewhere ?

William

I think I deleted my google drive folder :sweat_smile:

I changed the Link in the first post.

I love the Material picker i just wish i could figure out how to add a shortcut to it (its not listed in keymap at all)
(i very well could be missing something)

I spent several hour trying to get a shortcut for material picker and i could not get it but i happened to buy the visual scripting add on this morning and quickly whipped up a add-on that adds this functionality (material picker must already be installed) and i hope I’m not stepping on the original creators toes here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g_FYgekOOkh_FprnSCGfelxET2Nuqr_F/view?usp=sharing

Nahh, not at all, I’m glad you found use for the script. Nice Pic btw. :smiley:

1 Like

Evilkoolade, thanks for turning this into an addon. Very helpful when switching between versions as the script is now in the configs rather than the Blender install.

It looks like the original script and the addon broke in 2.91. Would it be possible to get an update? Thanks in advance!