My first render | Architecture Project

You’re right, the light seems inconsistent in the image. In fact, the sun is coming directly through the window, but the exterior finish material of the wooden wall is not set yet and is acting like a white plane reflecting all the light to the stone wall which should be darker.
Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. I share some of my PC specs so people can associate the setup and rendering times I post to my PC.
Laptop: Acer Aspire V3-571G

• Intel Core i7-3632QM 2.2GHz up to 3.2 GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce 710M 2 GB VRAM
  • 16 GB RAM
    As you can see it’s a rather weak build. This last image took 1 hour 10 minutes to render at 1980 x 1392 px resolution and 128 samples (I don’t understand the concept of samples so I don’t how I can determine the number needed. Can anybody explain it to me?)
    Thank you.

just google it:

Thanks, really useful.

Hi, this is a new version of the kitchen. I’ve been asked to add silhouettes of people into the renders. Adding standing people silhouettes in blender it’s easy, but when they have to sit on a 3D object it’s much more difficult. I’ve done a quick edit in PS to show what I’d like to achieve.

Do you have any suggestions for silhouette styles (examples, transparency, color…)?
Thanks.

Have a nice day.

I’ve finished this project and here are the final renderings. This was my first time using blender and I’m very happy with the result, I’ll definitely be using it in future projects.
Criticism is welcome, I still have a lot to learn.
I hope you like it.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Looks great!

Few minor things:

• Maybe give the basket at the right some specular
  • Give the doors in the kitchen a veeeeery slight rotation (don’t make things too perfect)
  • As mentioned before: the stone wall outside is fully lit, which means the sun illuminates it from the camera point of view. In the rendered room however, the sun shines from the opposite side of the camera.
  • Maybe you can add an AO node to add some dust in the corners where the kitchen walls and window hits the floor to make it even more realistic.

Thank you for all your comments, they help me a lot.
What do you mean when you say I should give a slight rotation to the kitchen door?

No problem :wink:

What I meant is that all the little cupboard doors in the kitchen are too perfect. If you look at the doors in your own kitchen, you’ll probably see that all doors are very slightly hanging (rotated), thicker, thinner, etc. No door should be exactly the same.

Just make it all a bit less perfect for a more realistic render :wink:

That makes sense, thank you.

1 Like