My first try at writing a tutorial.

Hello guys and gals.

I downloaded Wink [ http://www.debugmode.com/wink/ ] and cooked up a new tutorial. This is my first attempt. It is aimed at beginner blenderheads.

here is the link.

http://attila.stevens-tech.edu/~sgoda/TuteNooBee.htm

Suggested screen resolution to view the tute.
Minimum: 800 x 600

C & C are welcome. Please spot out mistakes. I might have overlooked some.

Thank you

• Satish.

I thought it was good. Such tutorials are needed by noobs everywhere. It should go into the tutorial list. I like the animated style.

link is down

That’s great!
With that software you’re able to show exactly how to do everything.
I wish there were tutorials like this for EVERYTHING in Blender.
It would help a lot.

Hi.

I am glad the tute’s are good. Will also put the tute files for download soon.

I am working on more tutorials.

-Satish

Well my school’s server is down early in the morning for an hour or so. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Satish.

Ts a good thing that you are going the tute files up for download. Two suggestions though;

1)Put up a version (in either html or pdf) that is printable. Some people(me included) like to print out the tute and go through it step by step while we are at the computer with blender running.

1. Before you release a tute have it read over by a complete newbie, or maybe someone that is not familar with the concept that you are covering in the tute. I find that a lot of tute writer leave out steps or assume that their readers know certain steps so they do not mention them. That really frustrates me.

I was taught to write for my audiance and if I did not know what the level of experiance my audiance had to write for the lowest level possible.

Satish, that really looks great! I’m working on setting up a website with about a gigabyte of space dedicated specifically and only for blender training. I’m looking to use tools like wink (for low band) and DivX or Real Media for highband training. I’m in the midst of getting the web space so a few of us (the group is growing) can work on getting consistant training terminology aimed specifically at newbies. Would you be interested in participating when it gets set up?

Satish, that really looks great! I’m working on setting up a website with about a gigabyte of space dedicated specifically and only for blender training. I’m looking to use tools like wink (for low band) and DivX or Real Media for highband training. I’m in the midst of getting the web space so a few of us (the group is growing) can work on getting consistant training terminology aimed specifically at newbies. Would you be interested in participating when it gets set up?[/quote]

Hi.

I just read your mail before reading the post. Count me in.

• Satish.

Hello.

Thats really a very helpful suggestion(s).

Will incorporate it from the next tutorial.

• Satish.

Ummm, one small observation. Your start screen is not like my start screen. Unless you also supply a .blend file then a noob would be lost right away. What would be really neat, IMHO, would be using the same
visual technique but starting with a base install

Althiom, the picker of nits.

Excellent point that you made friend.

I will take this into account in the coming tutorials.

Thank you.

Seems great for a newbie, nice and easy pace. One suggestion would be to use the same terminology as Blender uses for various things - i.e. say “buttons window” rather than “toolbar window”, so newbies aren’t misdirected looking for words, names that don’t exist in the interface. I also second the notion that if it’s aimed at newbies, you should use default settings for everything (layout, fonts, etc) so that people can install Blender, and start doing the tutorials immediately.

gotcha…