My First Try

I have been using Blender for about 2 weeks and this is what I have come up with:

The second image isn’t mine but it has a concept I am trying to figure out how to do and that is the round spokes on the wheel. Also, some other information I am looking for is how to have multiple textures for a single object. Any other comments are appreciated as well.

Attachments

For the spokes on the wheel, I would just model one of the spokes and spin it 360 degrees with 7 steps (or however many spokes there are, looks like 7 but there might be one hiding from me).

Looks good so far, keep blending.

Woah! Looking very good for only two weeks at blending!

Here is my updates image with some added spokes to the wheel.

Attachments

if people walk down the smaller set of stairs theyll just fall off… lol… the stairs end at the drop off… you might wanna fix that

Here is the most recent render of my model with another render of a chest I am going to add to the main model. Any and all comments are appreciated.

Attachments

The small deck with the ladders needs a railing around it. Check your proportions, too. The ladders have eight risers, so they are going up at least five to six feet. This would make the mast around five feet in diameter and the ships wheel around eight feet in diameter. The ship would be kind of top heavy and hard to steer.

How is this for better proportions?

Attachments

Proportions look a lot better now. Now you just need some railings so people won’t fall off while they steer.

Are you planning on making an entire ship out of this?

Honestly I am not sure where this project will end up. This is my first real blender project so I am just trying out everything.

Attachments

The picture of the ship is the wrong one in the previous post. That was an old render this is the most recent.

Attachments

Proportions are getting a lot better. I’d raise the railings, though, they look to be about knee high – not much use in high seas. Speaking of high seas, the center ladder is too wide. Ships ladders are generally only wide enough for one person, so you can hang on to both banisters when the weathers rough, and they generally come in pairs, one on the port side, one on starboard. When sailors need to get to their posts quickly, the ladders are in effect, one way only, and those heading toward the bow use ladders and passageways on the starboard side, those heading aft use the port side. A single stair would be a bottleneck in an emergency, and a stair that wide is an accident waiting to happen.

Your model has come a long way in such a short time. Keep up the good work! :smiley:

I am now trying to get better proportions with this one. Any comments are appreciated. And I am still looking information about how to have two different materials for one object.

Attachments

These are some of the other things I have been working on and I would like some feedback on them as well.

Attachments

Here is my most recent render.

Attachments