My First Walk Cycle Animation!!!

This is my first walk cycle animation… Enjoy! And let me know what you think! I used NO tutorials, but I downloaded the model, I didn’t make it myself :frowning:

Please leave CONSTRUCTIVE Critique :smiley: Thanks! :smiley:

1)This belongs in the animation forum.

2)Most of the time I’m telling people they need some up/down motion in the hips, but I think you’ve got too much.

3)The vid is 25 seconds long, but only 6 seconds of that is walk cycle.

Steve S

Meant with a friendly and slightly ironc tone: Don’t take so much pride in NOT using references/tutorials. Just use reference and tuturials.That’s what they are made for :slight_smile:

Um, yeah… Too much movement in the hips… Although I personally like that style (makes him look stronger or something) I will change it…

The timing, is because someone else told me that I needed to put my information in the video, with whatever I’m showing…

I did use reference… And I’m not taking pride in not using a tutorial… Just all these people say “No one wants to see how good you can follow instructions!” and I didn’t want that happening again :slight_smile:

I used image reference :wink:

Image reference, how would that help you? Take a video of yourself walking and use that.

I used an image of a walk cycle… helped a great deal… :slight_smile:

err… I want to watch a cycle, not a bunch of text, so you know, I can see a cycle and just loop it.

There’s a hitch it looks like in the cycle. but I wasn’t going to keep clicking to see it. Other wise good job on your first attempt. Get the ‘the Animator’s Survival Kit’ - a hard copy that you can look at while you are working, and something to read in bed.

I’d love too… How much does it cost???

$30.

ooo it’s an expanded edition… might have to get another one… and you should see people have also viewed ‘the illusion of life’ at the bottom.

Okay, Thanks! :smiley: