My first walk cycle test

I’ve never really bothered that heavily into animation, not 3d atleast, so I finally decided to do something. I figured, I had to manage atleast the obligatory walk cycle, so I modeled the original Cuby and then modified him a bit to my own liking, here’s my result that I’m fairly pleased with for my first ever attempt with armatures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFqdcfRjV20

crits as always are welcome

Wow thats is really cool, is this really your first walkcycle?
anyway nice movement.

yeah, first 3d walk cycle anyways, when i was a kid i used to dabble in 2d flipbook animation, i have an old illustrator guide to 2d animation, it helped a lot, i know there’s still some tweeking to be done in fluidity of movement and sense of weight, but for an hour’s worth of work i don’t find it too horrible

my ultimate goal for atleast the next two months will be to put Cuby and what will be Meta-Cuby into a 3d fight a-la a mimick of the training fight between Morpheus and Neo from the Matrix…just for laughs

Well done: nice movement.
My first (and only ) walk cycle hasnt been that successful !
I can only congratulate you !

Not bad. Some small foot slips I think, hard to tell.

he does kind of clip the floor plane, at the point that i should have fixed it i was tired from not having slept for about 5 days straight and didn’t really care at the moment, lol, i took a 2 hour power nap and haven’t messed with him yet

It’s excellent. If that’s your first one, the final one will be incredible. Cuby getting whooped by Cuby’s Dad! lol