My Gosh Hair

Hair done in 2.40 Alpha. I see alot of people do hair so I gave it a wack and cam out with these results. I DID NOT USE HALO. Blond Highlights is the only one with texture added. CRITS WELCOME :o :smiley: %|

Attachments

cool! i think it looks more like fur though. quite realistic. you might want to consider using a better face mesh though, it kinda puts down your hair.

Ya the hair dose look sort of like fur but very nice detail to ur work try setting ur models face to set smooth then texture it will make it go with the hair and if u want it even better model face set the face model to subdiv +2 and auto smooth and add a background and dont forget the OSA and #16 and wa la u have a good looking render =) I hope to c the final render .

{ DONT GO PASS THE LIMIT OF WHAT UR PC CAN HANDLE CUASE BLENDER MIGHT CRASH }

Hey, I am also doing some Hair tests.

Here’s my test

http://www.ruicampos.com/fl_tmp/images/tuga3d_02.jpg

i think the hair needs more variation (i mean the lenght of the hair should be random) and also the hair could be a little thinner (just a very little). also, is it possible to make the hairs point into random directions?

Well, they aren’t using a hair engine specifically designed for hair. If I’m right they’re using static particles. I can’t offer any crits in the hair because I haven’t been able to create any realistic (or fake looking) hair using any method. I don’t have the patience or time. lol.

The first three renders look like the plastic Christmas tree’s needles. It does look good, but flat.