My Guardian

Hi guys,
This painting tells a story about a very rich and arrogant boy and his Ginny bodyguard. The funny thing is that the Ginny looks more alive than the boy even though his face is just a mouth and fangs!
Greed and arrogance cover the boy and it shows…
I tried to achieve the “Arabian Nights” style in this painting. If you have any notes please feel free to tell :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Amazing stuff o.O but maybe a bit to dark in the middle left

great work!

my only crit, however, is the feet.
something about them is not right to me.
but otherwise, looks awesome =)

Great Work…
No crits here:yes:.

Fort Ash

thats nice azz man… Keep up the good work. By the way did you paint it or did u use color pencils or somthing?

Thanks for the replies guys :slight_smile:
I made some fixes and additions ( like the feather on the boys cap, and some shadow fixes ). I updated the first post.

nitros2, it’s done 100% within photoshop using a tablet :slight_smile:

Cheers

That’s awesome Jassar. The guardian’s foot is turned outward too much to be natural… but honestly… it looks so good that I’d almost be afraid of suggesting you change that :slight_smile: How long have you been using a tablet?

Hey 4tonmantis, thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:
I’ve been using a tablet for almost a couple of years now… I’m still learning :slight_smile:

Very nice image - you captured the emotions rather well.

It looks like you’re still learning some of the finer points of digital painting. Sheesh, though, I still wish I was as good you; I’ve really wanted to get into digital painting for a while, and I’m trying to hand-paint a texture for a little 3D project I’ve got going, and it’s hard.

What I felt worked well in your pic is the expression in the kid’s face. There’s no doubt he’s a spoiled little tyrant. What struck me as not working as well was the monster’s face, for some reason. Maybe it’s that it’s not “centered” like a face. Anyway, hope this is useful for you.