My IK rig broke? Since switching from 2.8>3.0

So I have been using Blender 2.8 this entire time because for some reason any version of 2.9 would crash my computer. So far 3.0 doesnt have that issue.
Anyways. So I imported my model…but for some reason the IK is no longer working correctly? If I move his arm a certain way it just suddenly flips and deforms and freaks out.

I’m not really sure how else to describe this. Everything seems to be in order…So I’m not sure what the problem is…

Neither am I, two possible ways to help you, post your blend file with just enough objects for us to see the problem, or give me your IP address so I can hack your computer and take a look. The first option would be the preferred one for me as it might be a bit quicker.

Seriously, when you have issues like this it is best to post the file, otherwise nobody has a clue. I have taken many files from 2.8 and 2.9 without problems, so I’ll be looking for something in the armature that is not quite right… I can’t see any posts on Devtalk that would lead me to think something has changed that is not catered for when older models are imported into Blender 3.

Cheers Clock

1 Like