My Interior-ish thing! / Luxrender Test.

Hey, Boys & Girls…!

Its Minor Update time!

I created a basic vase with a very basic porcelain(read shiny white :D) material…

Note:I just ignored the dragon in this image… (aka It came out horrid) so I blurred it out :wink:

Current plan-like-thing…
Work on vase until next version of Luxblend and Luxrender, then work on emitter/lights again,

Then Add leafy greenery in the vase (Will be interesting :wink: )

Then work on other things such as realism… :eyebrowlift:

Now onto the image!

Note2:This was rendered without any emitters, just a sun, if you look close, you can even see the emitter, 'cause I was to busy(read lazy) to remove it… :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.digitalredplanet.com/images/modern_furniture_LuxBlend_Scene_14_vase_point7.jpg Links to Un-Edited version…

I want to hear what you guys think, And I want you to CRIT the heck out of my scene… :wink:

@Hundred
Thanks for the kind words!, Anything more detailed you like/dislike/think I should work-on, in the image?

Thanks for your input either way! :yes:

Cheers,
~Marslyr

Really nice stuff! I love the couch and the book shelf. It’s cool.

If you want crits though, here goes. Ok, I think it’s too purple everywhere at the moment. There’s just not enough contrast in the scene. I think that’s partly to do with lighting, but maybe also materials. Also some post pro might help maybe.

Secondly, the image seems quite blurry, so somehow it should be sharpened a bit. Perhaps up the samples of the render, and use a higher quality render settings.

Another thing I noticed is the ceiling, where just before it dips up, there is some funny shading going on, probably caused by Set Smooth or Sub Surf I assume. This can probably be fixed by adding some more verts around the rim of the dip up thing (control + R in edit mode and move mouse around till you see pink lines, then click when you want to add verts) or subdividing, or removing the set smooth completely.

I also don’t like the sparkly red dots hanging around from the render.

Hope that helps Marslyr
It’s looking great!
Keep it up.
Cuby

It might be just my eye but it seems to be underlit a bit- probably because of it it looks somehow “foggy”. Great job in any case.

Hey thanks for the input!, and its minor update time!

@Cuby
Thanks for the critical response! (Just what I like ;))

Really nice stuff! I love the couch and the book shelf. It’s cool.
Thanks, its always nice to hear that someone likes how its going, especially when you say what part you like… instead of “Great!, I like it!” etc. Gives me more to go off of… :yes:

f you want crits though, here goes.
Yes! thats exactly want I want… Everyone look at Cuby! :wink:

Ok, I think it’s too purple everywhere at the moment. There’s just not enough contrast in the scene. I think that’s partly to do with lighting, but maybe also materials.
I hadn’t noticed 'till you said so… But you are exactly right… its purple! :eek:
I am hoping that when I play with/work on the lighting this weekend, I hope that will fix the purple/contrast problems, or at least make them better…

Also some post pro might help maybe.
I will try, but I would rather get to a point with the renderer, then post-pro it… if needed…

Secondly, the image seems quite blurry, so somehow it should be sharpened a bit. Perhaps up the samples of the render, and use a higher quality render settings.

I myself have noticed this, and its one of the things I am not 100% sure on how to fix, I think I’ll play with the exporters settings though & see what comes up, if that doesn’t work-out I’ll ask Radiance and some people who know alittle more about lux…

Another thing I noticed is the ceiling, where just before it dips up, there is some funny shading going on, probably caused by Set Smooth or Sub Surf I assume. This can probably be fixed by adding some more verts around the rim of the dip up thing (control + R in edit mode and move mouse around till you see pink lines, then click when you want to add verts) or subdividing, or removing the set smooth completely.
Great!, thanks for pointing this out, It should be fixed in my next couple of updates!

I also don’t like the sparkly red dots hanging around from the render.

Neither do I!, my most recent update was just to fiddle with some settings to rid myself of them and to fix the dragon!

Once again thanks for taking the time to respond with your “Helpful” Crits!, I hope you’ll post again later on in the project!

@RK
Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion with me!

It might be just my eye but it seems to be underlit a bit- probably because of it it looks somehow “foggy”
If you look in my response to Cuby, I plan to work on the clarity and lighting this weekend, I hope this solves the problems you mention, the mere fact that you both mentioned the same thing, means that it is now pretty much at the top of my todo list!

Thanks for taking the time to share helpful & kind words!, and btw I rather like your “Dragonbane”, Project! :wink:

And now for update time!

I worked on the fireflys(sparkles) and the dragon(which I felt had gotten out of hand).., I think its greatly improved!

Sadly, the artifact seems to have reapered, when I went back to using just a "sun" lamp..

![http://www.digitalredplanet.com/images/modern_furniture_LuxBlend_Scene_14_glass_fix_test_01.jpg](http://www.digitalredplanet.com/images/modern_furniture_LuxBlend_Scene_14_glass_fix_test_01.jpg)

Next up is working on the Clarity & Lighting & Not being as/if any, <i>purple</i>! ;)

<b><i>I want to keep hearing helpful stuff from you guys!</i></b>

Cheers,
~<i>Marslyr</i>

The room needs more color, it’s so boring right now.