My latest project , modeling and texturing with bldnder 2.92 , 400 sam, no ref 🖤

14 Likes

awesome great job nice effects for sigarete :+1:

1 Like

Looks stunning photoreal to me. Like the cold effects on the glass and bottle.

1 Like

Thanx ya bro

1 Like

Thanx a lot

2 Likes

:+1:
congrats.

1 Like

Great work! Maby give a higher contrast to the cigaret. It looks like it is intersecting the ash tray.

1 Like

Thanx bro , ok i will increase the contrast

1 Like

Technically this is brilliant, but isn’t the glass perhaps a tad top-weighted?

2 Likes

Wow. Really excellent!

1 Like

I like the balance of darkness and light. The bottle looks great, and the ciggie looks realistic. Great work!

1 Like

This is definitely good work. However, for my eyes, what it lacks is situational realism: the bottle is full and capped, but the glass is also full. Where did the extra beer come from? (yes, the waitress could have taken the empty bottle away, but why leave a new one there fully capped and without an opener?) Clearly a stress-inducing situation that has caused my brain to explode. :smiley:

The cigarette smoke also looks a bit too “thick and heavy”; it should be more delicate and see through; like something that actually floats on the air. Just my opinion — as a former smoker.

But again, it’s good work.

1 Like

That was a very photorealistic image, with lots of small details. The only thing that put me a bit off is that the smoke is a bit too prominent, and that it hides the edge of the glass, which disturb the image a bit. Just nitpicking thou. Probably the only one that see it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the notes but for the smoke actually i forgot to decrease the opacity so it’s so heavy

Thanx , but sorry i really don’t understand ur point

Thanx alot for the note and i will try to more focus at next time

Thanx a lot bro

I think it looks good on first sight, but once you take a closer look, I believe it falls apart in terms of realism.

Some examples would be that the condensation on the bottle cap is missing, and the shape is not as I would expect (are there bottle caps that bulge out like this?).

Also, the paint on bottle caps is typically not metallic and tends to collect some dust and tiny scratches/chipping. They are also usually brushed and less reflective.

The foam has a very obvious voronoi pattern, unlike real foam, which consists of tiny roughly spherical bubbles. They also are never all equal in size and have a different reflectivity and translucency.

Bubbles inside the liquid would also help.

The condensation on the glass and bottle also does not look like droplets, but more like a grungemap (unless that’s what it’s supposed to be).
Real condensation typically consists of closely packed droplets of diffeing size and shape, with some droplets running down, creating streaks.

When it comes to the cigarette, aside from the smoke being too thick, the shape of the burnt paper on the end is warped, not straight and the ash looks very polygonal, unlike real ash, which consists of lots of deformed, layered flakes, as can be seen here:

The background also looks odd because the table is completely in focus from front to back, while the rest (the environment map) has visible, blurry pixel interpolation, but perhaps that wasn’t so much a concern…

You also have a high frequency bump map on the label. If you were trying to emulate condensation, proper droplets would be better, and if you were going for a paper texture or warping from the moisture, both look a little different.

There are some other things like the roughness map on the table looking an awfully lot like a musgrave texture or the thing on the top right of the glass that looks like clipping geometry. Anyway, just my two cents…

2 Likes

Thanx a lot for ur help , but i mentioned that i didn’t use any ref , it’a huge progres that i made , it was like a artistic test for me as i’am an clasic and degital artist has a powerful photographic memori so it was a hard test for any professional artist i’am sure , and i passed it to give a photorealestic cadre without any ref .

Thanx a lot