My Logo

(tioilmo) #1

Hi folks !!!

Please find attached my Logo.

I used :

Halo Lines in the back bright effect.
Warp Tool in the Text to have the round effect.

The cylinders compose the initials of Tio Ilmo (T & I)

I tried to include more tools in this project as you see. Let me know your comments.

Thanks,

Tio Ilmo

Attachments

(BGog) #2

I like it. The background looks really cool.

One crit. I think the words look out of place. Usually logos like this don’t have the name as part of the logo. Instead you add it as appropriat for what you are doing.

For example if you use the logo on some letter head… You could then put the name under the logo. However if you are using as an icon or something then you would use it without the name. I just think the words detract from the impact of the logo.

Good work.

([Kothe]) #3

Please, keep the logo 2D

It takes ALOT from you, if you want the logo made in 3D

(Toni Grappa) #4

Iam sorry to say that your logo doesnt meet criterias which should be maintained to have a good logo.
Look the following link
http://www.webchantier.com/index_fr.html

follow the link under “Logothèque”

Unterbezirksdada

(Khnum) #5

I’m not feeling it either. While individually each element looks ok, together everything looks too cluttered imho. The halos are violating the colored cylindars which looks really odd. You can’t read the text, in fact the “I” is lost is the highlight on the large red cylindar, “Pro…” and “…tion” are too curved and also make it hard to read. Lastly, this will not be an easy logo to use in any printed media, forcing the use of 4 color printing only, and since it’s rendered it’s pixel based and has no scaleablity. This would be better suited as a short clip at the end of a movie or something (once all the readability is fixed).

(ralphbluecoat) #6

looks pretty good. Struggling with logo’s myself, here are some things wrong with it (aren’t I evil?).

1. The text is noticably cutting into the sphere in the background
  2. The logo isn’t too catchy
  3. The logo isn’t too readable

If I were you, id make a logo in photoshop, or gimp or something of that and then zap it into blender. THAT would be pretty cool!

(munkey_mike) #7

I think your concept of the T and i ligature is a great idea, but the execution is bad. Logos are simple for a reason: readability, usability, reproduction, etc. Making a 3d logo hardly ever works. You should always create a 2d logo, then make a 3d version is you just have to.

By stating your initials and your name, you are being repetitive. You should give only the necessary amount of information with logos, so I suggest Ti productions or just Ti.

Work with that idea of putting the T and i together.

(munkey_mike) #8

I think your concept of the T and i ligature is a great idea, but the execution is bad. Logos are simple for a reason: readability, usability, reproduction, etc. Making a 3d logo hardly ever works. You should always create a 2d logo, then make a 3d version is you just have to.

By stating your initials and your name, you are being repetitive. You should give only the necessary amount of information with logos, so I suggest Ti productions or just Ti.

Work with that idea of putting the T and i together.

(tioilmo) #9

Folks I am really happy with your comments. I’ll take note all the relevant points and try to follow the suggestions.

BGog

• Name should not be part of Logo. Words detract from its impact.

Kothe

• Keep the Logo 2D

Dada

• Logothéque - Nice link with several logo examples

Khnum

• It looks too cluttered
  • Halos violating the cylinders (This was my intention)
  • You can´t read the text
  • “I” is lost in the higlight
  • “Pro” and “tion” are too curved and make hard to read
  • Its not an easy Logo to use in any printed media
  • It would be better as a short clip

Kalphbluecoat

• The logo is not so catchy (If you have a suggestion to improve it, please let me know)
  • The logo is not too readable

Munkey-mike

• Logos should be simple : readability, usability, reproduction etc…
  • You should always create a 2D Logo
  • Ti productions instead of full name (good tip !!)

I´ll try to make something with these important suggestions. All of you look professionals in this area.

Thanks very much !!!

Tio Ilmo

(Toni Grappa) #10

se voce precisaria mais ajuda escreve pra me. Sempre gosto de falar portugesh :smiley: .
Sou Median designer e eu sabe um pouco sobre este assunto, melhor - os meus livros sabem muito, eu nao.
[email protected]

Dada

(tioilmo) #11

Hi Folks,

Trying to follow some recomendations I made a new Logo.

First a 2D version to be used in general purposes:

Attachments

(tioilmo) #12

And now the first 3D version without many effects but the idea is make any kind of effects in the 3D versions keepping it linked with the original 2D version.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Tio Ilmo

Attachments