my new blender box!!!!

(scrappy) #1

i got my new pc up and running after a few months of buying parts. its soooo sweet. here are the specs.
Soyo K7V-dragon plus motherboard
AMD Athon XP 2100+
512megs of DDR pc2100
GeForce 4 4600ti
6channel optical out sound
48x12x48 CDRW
5 case fans
Thermaltake Volcano 9 heatsink, with the Smart Fan II
6 usb ports

Runs Blender like a dream!!!

(Ecks) #2

COOL! :smiley:

I will buy a new computer around xmas. it will be a
P4 2400mghz
512mg of ram
Geforce 4 4400ti
52x cd drive
etc and some other thing!

Good luck with your new toy!:slight_smile:

(rogerm3d) #3

Thats one sweet little box youve got there.
In my opinion is one of the nicest motherboards right now.
Partly because of built in sound card that is really sweet.
:o
Looks like I need to do some upgradding to my computer. :frowning:
But looks like I need money :wink:

(Dittohead) #4

i’ve had 5 soyo boards in the past all of which were bad boards, nothing but crap. i have msi.

the rest is great tho. athlons are good for 3d work from what i have heard.

is the case any good? all that stuff in there you’ll also want a good power supply, atleast a 400.

i hope everything works out no probs. i get em whenever i upgrade any my machines.

(scrappy) #5

so far my motherboard has been great, the onboard sound is amazing with the optical out into my phillips home theater system, great gaming, as far as i know, they had great reviews. as for the case, i have an all aluminum RAIDMAX Mid case with the “X” side window and a blue cool cathode neon light. it also has a 400w powersupply. guess i forgot to add that stuff.

(rndrdbrian) #6

Sounds like a nice system.

But 5 case fans?!?

/me goes out and buys scrappy a pair of ear defenders!

I must say that Thermaltake do make some pretty nice fans! I recently bought myself a Thermal take Smart Fan 2 80mm case fan to replace my cheap & nasty case fan. At full speed it sounds like a tornado!

So, are we going to see any pictures?

cheers

Brian

(jonnierod) #7

You guys suck! I chillin on an AMD 1G (or that’s what I clocked it to anyway, forgot what it’s supposed to be).

I want a new PC one of these, but I’m thinking of jumping ship over to Red Hat or something like that when I do.

(scrappy) #8

hey, thanx for the replys/comments, ill try to get some pictures of it, the case looks so awesome