My new driver's license...

Okay, here is the deal. I just received a notice that I will have to renew my driver’s license in a few months. Well I guess that is pretty standard, except…
This time they want all sorts of ID and other information. It is not like that I don’t have it, I have a passport blah de blah de blah, But what the heck is going on? Really, I do not wish to disclose all of that information into some kind of data base. Would any of you accept a universal ID?

What the heck is going on? Well, isn’t it obvious, it is to protect ourselves from our inner terrorist.

I don’t understand what you mean with universal ID.
For my driver’s license I need to give my name, my parents names, if I have psychiatric issues, if I have vision problems, my RG (registry number, the number from my Identity card), my CPF (Cadastro de Pessoa Física, something like a social security number), etc.

I have to get a new passport. Fortunately they will accept my old passport as a form of id. I think that is a rather grand gesture of intelligence from the powers that be who control our destiny at their mere whims.

Not sure how this will affect the oil prices though.

Quite a bit of interesting info there to digest, Eh? :wink: