My New Space Image

Here’s my new Space Image.

and Here is my old image.
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108999

please let me know what you think is better or worse than in the old one.

Stars look better in this one, old star is better. I see some halo overlap on the cool 50’s style rocket ship. Halos from the rocket look better, more like the are actually coming from the nozzle rather than a weird composite… Bake some AO in the ship and add some shininess or a texture to it to give some detail.

Good image for sure!

Oh forgot to add, that big of a star and that close is bound to light the ship a whole lot. Especially with a yellowish tone.

that big of a star and that close is bound to light the ship a whole lot. Especially with a yellowish tone

your right there would be alot more yellowish tone on the ship, gotta work on that.

thanks.

I like the model, the 1950’s SCIFI look is quite cool. Definitely try a metal texture and some self shading. I think having a ship that close to a star would practically silhouette the image but some magic camera fakery would do fine so you can see the ship.

You color pallet choice is working really well.
I like the background stars from the second image better.
I like the sun from the first image better.

The halo of the sun is too bright. Lower it’s brightness a bit.

You don’t have to start a new thread every time you do a render. You can continue posting on the same thread until it’s finished. Only start a new thread on a new project.