My new website

Hi all, just wanted to show off my new portfolio website. :smiley:

Very nice work and a beautiful website.

Thanks Nickle!

Your welcome, also I really like the reasoning behind the name.

Nice website, and great works… I would improve navigation a little, otherwise looks great.

Hi Alex_m, could you explain a little what you meant about improving the navigation? Thanks

I would say the navigation is fine, but the fact you have to scroll down to see all the menu options is something you might want to change on the site.

Nice look though.

Roofoo,

It’s not like I am a web developer, but when I switch between browsers the navigation menu seems to be floating and the spacing between buttons particularly in firefox and opera are much bigger than in IE.

and ugh… when I went fullscreen in opera, this is what happened: check out the last screenshot.

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Attachments

Alex_M,

Hmm, that’s strange what happened in Opera on your PC. On all my machines, Opera displays the page correctly. I have no idea why it did that. What version of Opera are you running? I’m runnning version 9.64. And as far as the floaty navigation, I had made an IE specific stylesheet because the navigation list items were really bunched up together. I really hate IE. lol. Thanks for the help, I’ll keep tweaking it.

You might try http://browsershots.org/ to see how it works in different versions of different browsers. Nice site btw!

Superx10,

That’s indeed a good site, did not think of that.

Roofoo,

I’ve got the Opera 9.64 as well, and it did that ONLY when I went full screen.

nice site…
i think it would be better to separate the portfolio into subheadings so people who are interested in 3D art can look just at the pictures there…

i would also put ‘resume’ as a link in the About page, but that’s personal preference

Ok, I fixed the problem, I had to specify media=“screen,projection” in my call to my stylesheets. Apparently Opera ignores the “screen” media type in full screen mode. Thanks for pointing out the problem!

i think it would be better to separate the portfolio into subheadings so people who are interested in 3D art can look just at the pictures there…

They can click the 3D filter and only 3D art will appear.
http://www.eyephoriadesign.com/portfolio.html#3d