My old Brio railway

(Hanspb) #1

It’s been a long time since I posted anything, but now I’d like to show you my old Brio train. This was originally supposed to be an animation, but I’ve postponed that project until I get a decent PC. 200 MHz isn’t much anymore! Well, her it goes:

http://home.c2i.net/hanspb/3d/briostation.htm

And please don’t tell me that the wheels and magnets are wrong. Others have done that, but they’re too young to remember this type. The train is 30 years old!

Blend on,
Hans Petter

(billythekid) #2

i love it! nice composition and a really interesting picture! I think that the grass fits in well even though it’s not true to life!
Billythekidgoat

(S68) #3

Image is so sweet :slight_smile:

And your server is so slowwww :frowning:

Stefano

(BgDM) #4

Excellent image. I remember those things very well. Never had a set, but I had friends that did.

The wood texture is very good. Procedural, or did you do that yourself? Great work!

BgDM

(Hanspb) #5

Thanks for the nice comments.

Stefano: I never had speed problems with this server, must be a temporary thing. :-?

BgDM: The wood for the rails is procedural. Don’t remember which one, though.

Hans Petter

(bmax) #6

or maybe yer just used to slow servers…nah, just kidding.

oh, and btw, its not nice to copy photo’s off corbis.com like you did!!! :smiley: - seriously, its exceptionally well done!

(wavk) #7

I had a set of these! :smiley:

Damn that was great fun! And your picture is great! I really like the texturing. WOW!

Have fun,

Wybren van Keulen
Funny Farm

(ec2) #8

Actually this is photoreal for the toys you modeled. Nice job. I feel like picking up the train.

(rndrdbrian) #9

Very nice Hans!

It certainly brings back memories!

All you need is a cat or something chasing the train!

:smiley:

Brian

(kaktuswasse) #10

excellent picture!! The lighting and texturing is perfect!

That really brings up memories… :slight_smile:

cya henrik

(blengine) #11

wow that is awesome :o the lighting is very realistic

(Schlops) #12

Hey Hans, get yourself a new computer, FAST! Can’t wait to see the animation. :wink:

Great picture!