my space marine not 40k sorry guys

i see your point the similarity is there, funny thing is the helmet i am using is a redesign of a helmet i modeled for a suit of armor i modeled from the middle ages lol, its funny i modeled the chest armor off of my old body armor from the army and gave it the thruster pack.

You can try using some bevel,but after you make some details by loop cutting ,subdividing surfaces ,reshape things with the help from more faces. Also. ,you can try even add like some bolts(just add some cylinders,shape them a bit and merge with the character)

do you know how to make textures from baked AO?(ambient oclussion) they will look way more realistic
http://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/blender/basic-ambient-occlusion.php
with that and a few photoshop-gimp skills you sould be done
if you want i can help you with a tutorial or making the texture just let me know :wink:

so its the bevel tool? holy crap this hole time i kept going back to my model trying using inset extrude tool to try to get my lines to flatten out lmao thanks man.

you know the plane tutorial for over at cg cookie? that’s the tutorial i used to kick start my uv unwrapping and texture building, i did notice a lot of differance between that and what the work should look like.

okay man i took your advice and its great advice, now my question is when is to much to much lol, anyhow i posted the screen grab if you have time can you give me your input.

Now the details are coming, add him some belt too.

slenderman fingers?! lol!

um yea i will be remodeling those, i am working on Gunny today so i am hoping to have a new update of him soon. once i get better at this i have to do a female version as well as heavy armored version and light armored version, the one i am modeling here is medium armored version for the combat engineer class.

okay so i ran into a bit of a snag because of my wire frame i am having trouble getting the detail on the lower half done i am working at it but it will take me a little bit more work than i thought, here is what i have as of this moment.

oops,i forgot to tell you that the fingers are quite thin. Also make those stuff on his arms more hard surface.Looking better than before.

yea going to remodel them, but right now i am at a stand still as i cannot figure out what i want to do with the arms and legs.

i am such a moron i found out why the fingers of my model are so thin, lol at one point i was testing the decimate plugin and saved the wrong file and that is the one i have been working off of.

another update. in for a penny in for a pound.

well i had to take a few days to go back and fix a bunch of problems with my mesh and re do the arms i did not like the way they looked, added more detail i think i will try to finish this one later this week. i want to thank everyone for the input i got it really helped but i could use more.

all done on the high poly model, and will be moving on to the next step.

okay well it has been awhile since I have been back in here it is mostly because i have been trying my hand at texture making i am still far from were i would like to be but here is what i have so far.