my spaceship first project I finished with Blender

I have to post it here 'cause it is my first finished project with Blender.
I could have improved it a little bit more, but I prefer to start doing something else.
What do you think?

Attachments

Looks good - nice textures & modelling. Perhaps it would’ve looked better with a bit of a halo around the ship’s lights?

It’s really nice :slight_smile: Maybe it’s good idea to add some halo. Keep on blending.

Looks great. I agree with the halo idea:)

is this better? I don’t know how to add halo in gimp, but the light you see are halo in blender; maybe I can render them bigger.

Attachments

Yeah, looks much better now. Good work. :smiley:
The first image was a bit dark on my screen.

yep! I have a crt and a lcd. The same image is really really different. Maybe now is better in both.

Adding glow or flare in Gimp is really easy.

1. Open the image in Gimp
    2)Duplicate the layer.
    3)Apply Blur to the upper layer–Gaussian is good, but the amount depends on the image. Use trial and error.
  2. Set the blending of the upper (blurred) layer to “Screen” and play with opacity if necessary to get the look you want.

A nebula somewhere would be nice.

The stars could use a little bit of a glow.

Very good work for a first peice. Have you done CG before? :slight_smile:

Congrats on being some of the few who understand lighting in outer space.

I am still annoyed by the ignorant fool who said ‘But AO looks better’ :slight_smile:

thanks nico.
maybe I can decrease the lights on the bottom of the ship (no AO but there are some lights (the lights with halos)).
here I cannot use AO (I mean if I don’t want to post process in gimp) because the AO would lighten the dark slice of the cloud sphere on the planet.
Anyway I agree that in deep space AO and GI do not exist, but only direct illumination.

Nice your signature.

Cheers

Piro

I am still annoyed by the ignorant fool who said ‘But AO looks better’ :slight_smile:

You may be annoyed, but it still looks better. :wink:

here I cannot use AO (I mean if I don’t want to post process in gimp) because the AO would lighten the dark slice of the cloud sphere on the planet.

You can turn down the “Amb” value in the material settings of the clouds, or better yet (and faster) render the planet without AO, put the image in the backbuff, then render the ship with AO on.

Anyway, very good first finished project and nice planet, Earth is very difficult to render well.

Much better - it really shows off the detail in your ship now.

You can further enhance it by creating your own star field - either use some Hubble photos, or create some yourself. Indubitably the master of this is Greg Martin - have a look here: http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/tuts_arts/making_a_star_field.html

I agree on the AO - not good for space scenes.

This is going to look great in battaliononline :slight_smile:

Really nice work Piro.

ok. I can’t stop finishing this ship :wink:
I changed a little the planet (it is not earth; I used a procedural cloud texture for the ocean and continent).
I postprocessed the layer with gimp (thanks nikey) to add some halo stuffs (is it ok now), and thats it.
Does it look better now?
cheers
Piro

Ah. (to illusion3d) I did some architechtural 3D befor I started using Blender. Not much. I’ve been using Blender for 3 month (trex thread by Piro here in elysium)

Attachments

thanks Alex.

why? first projectys that make all my stuff look bad… :frowning:

great job, keep blending! a space battle prehaps?