My tutorial journey

I don’t think I’ll be feature-worthy for the next few years yet :wink:

Nice work nonetheless! :+1:

1 Like

Allways nice to see progress! I too follow and like Abbots tutorials as I find he has a pretty good balance of teacher and casual helper.

1 Like

I’m back to some more low-poly modeling with this tutorial by Polygon Runway. Having a lot of fun so far:

3 Likes

Hey Bart,
Wanted to say thank you for turning me onto this modeling tutorial. I had fun modeling it. When I go to model it again I will work more with the texture on the water. I took the second render using the provided add-on. The first render is just using the normal camera. Can’t wait to see yours!!

beach1|690x388

4 Likes

Today I followed the Spooky Spider Tutorial in Blender 2.93 by Polygon Runway. Very easy to follow, and also a nice intro to the mirror, shrinkwrap and solidify modifiers.

Here’s my result - you can download the .blend file too:

3 Likes

I’d like to follow a few Nodevember prompts this month, so I decided to follow Andrew Price’s Introduction to the new Geometry Nodes in Blender today, in which you learn how to create a gumdrop covered in crystalized sugar.

Here’s my result:

4 Likes

I followed ‘Fireflies!’ by Default Cube today. It has a nice pace and I enjoyed the ‘mood’ of the speaker who makes plenty of jokes. The effect isn’t perfect as the fireflies will intersect with the emitter object sometimes, but it’s a useful enough effect. Also, I think something changed in geometry nodes recently that stopped the fireflies from following the model around when I moved it, but I sorted that out.

1 Like

Learned how to convert a Grease Pencil object to a mesh with this tutorial by @Janneman

2 Likes

Don’t know if you’re into this kind of stuff (environments) but you might find this interesting. It does use some pre-made assets though.

1 Like

It’s always fun to see what people create following a Blender Secrets tutorial, and I’m honoured it’s one of the senior Blender figures doing it! :grin: By the way there’s a follow-up tip coming out later today, about how to get that mesh to the next level. Have fun, Bart!

Thanks for the tip! I’m focusing on re-learning all the basic stuff first though :slight_smile:

Nice! I saved my file so I’ll be doing that one, too :slight_smile:

Today I finished Make A Minature Forest Scene With Geometry Nodes by CBaileyFilm. Great tutorial and I learned a lot - especially since Chris skipped a few steps after editing and forced me to figure them out by myself :slight_smile: Also, the end result isn’t quite what you get after completing the tutorial, but I think that after finishing it, you should have the skills to add the finishing touches yourself.

1 Like

I discovered Pixxo3D’s channel today and did his two-part ‘Easy Character’ tutorial. Can recommend!

Today I followed ’ Create PROCEDURAL Terrain in Blender’ by @chuckcg. The tutorial was simple enough to follow and generated a result in a few minutes. I built on the result by adding a color ramp to add some color to the model based on its height as well as some controls over the specularity and roughness based on height.

4 Likes

Today’s tutorial was ‘3D Logo Reveal Animation Tutorial’ by Polygon Runway. Good paced - Roman doesn’t waste much time on minor details and steps through the boring parts quickly. Very satisfying result.

3 Likes

Today I followed @grantiusMaking Candles In Blender 3. I only gave myself 30 minutes for this one, and it was my first real use of sculpt mode in Blender. I’m not super satisfied with the result, but I enjoyed the process and Grant’s explanation.

1 Like

I just completed ‘How to make a sun in Blender’ by @Mr3D to procedurally generate a sun surface. It was easy enough to follow for a quick result.

Some things I didn’t like:

• Videos starting with the ‘subscribe and like’ ask before actually providing any value. It’s a big turnoff for me.
  • The format of ‘do this, then this, then this, done’ without any explanation of why certain steps are taken.

Well you had to do this one time.

1 Like

Hey Bart!
It brings me great joy and happiness to see that you - one of the very first official Blender Manual creators himself - is now getting back to “The Blender Basics” yourself.

Keep pushing that envelope Bart, and I love to see more of your work in the near future.

BLEND ON !!!

1 Like