My two favorite works

(Carpedium OT) #1

These are two of my works, although not the best renders, were some of my favorite ones to work on.

This one I just kinda came up with. I just came up with this concept of a world with these little machines shooting stuff at each other. I’m thinking of making an animation one day.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/Carpedium/PenguinExepression.jpg

This character I made up when my favorite color was green, which has now since changed, and I liked the sculpture-like quality of the character and so I just stopped at the waist, with no arms attached.

Anyways I’m quite a new member here, as you can see, but I’m not so new at modelling. My models are made 100% in Wings 3D and rendered 100% in Blender. I’ve been modelling for about a year, and can model fairly well, I just need to work on my rendering parameters, so I can create a render that doesn’t make my models look worse than they already are. Anyways C & C is welcome and very much so encouraged.

(deathguppie) #2

The little bot, isn’t to bad. The bird or er, whatever it is… could use some wings… or um, arms or whatever…

(Lisø) #3

The first one is marvellous, but I can’t say that about the second one; it needs loads more work when it comes to modelling, texturing and lighting.

(Dwarfose) #4

Yea the first one is deffinately the better of the two
nice colours/materials and lighting

Although you did good job on the eyes of the penguin :slight_smile:

(Carpedium OT) #5

Thanks for you’re comments and nice welcome to this forum. Accually the penguin was one of my first models. I made a couple models just after getting Wings 3D and decided that all my models looked like crap, and they did. So I spent a while learning about loops, poles, quads ext. The penguin was the first thing I made when I started modelling again. The reason why I didn’t make the arms or the legs is because, admittedly, I was too lazy :slight_smile: I would have to agree that I should probably go back and finish that project, and I may just yet.

Also I did some variations on the first render. I realized that the first render looked fuzzy because I horribly forgot to turn on the OSA button. Anyways I’ll have my new picts up soon… Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile: