My view keeps snapping to the cursor for no reason. :-/

Hello, everyone. :slight_smile:

I am having a strange and annoying problem. Whenever I use the border selection with โ€˜Bโ€™, my viewpoint snaps to the 3D cursor as would happen if you pressed โ€˜Cโ€™. I thought this was some weird feature I accidentally activated but itโ€™s doing this across all my files now. My friend caught the disease too.

Has anyone experienced that kind of problem before? Itโ€™s making it very difficult to model. :confused:

I guess you are speaking about the 3D-manipulator which is snapping to the 3D-cursor.

Because the viewpoint is defined as the camera location I hope the active 3D-view content is not jumping around if you press โ€œBโ€. Right?

Box Select โ€œBโ€ and Circle Select โ€œCโ€- modes should not move the window content.

However the 3d-manipulator will jump to the pivot point (rotation center) for any selection made. And my guess is that you have adjusted the pivot control to rotate around the 3D-cursor. Here is where you can switch back:
:

I guess โ€œMedian Pointโ€ is the original Blender setting.

If this does not help, you should reset Blender to the factory settings in the โ€œFileโ€ menu.