N00bie rotation translate between two axis

I’ve had a look through a lot of threads but can’t seem to find an answer to what I hope is a dumb n00bie question:

How do I rig my model so that rotating an object in one axis translates to rotation in a different object in a different axis?

Example: I have created a handle object which lies along the X-Axis. By turning the handle in the X-Axis, I want this to translate to a propeller spinning on the Y-Axis. One full revolution of the handle equates to one full revolution of the propeller. I know it seems like a dumb thing, but it is really doing my head in!

Bino

How do I rig my model so that rotating an object in one axis translates to rotation in a different object in a different axis?

You would use IPO drivers for this. See Calvin’s tutorial for a good introduction to setting up IPO drivers.

Thanks for the advise, will look at the tutorial.

Was really trying to work out how to do this similar to the “no_bones_piston.blend” example which I found on this forum. Any ideas how to set this up using contraints, parents, empties etc?

Any help, or a link to a good tutorial, greatly appreciated.

Bino.

CD38 and Calvin, thanks for the help. Followed Calvins tutorial and with a little bit of tweaking got this working pretty quickly. Reading through some of the other posts on the forum I don’t think it is possible to do this translation using constraints, which is a bit of a shame, as they work well in other instances.

Anyway, thanks for helping a n00b, this seems like a pretty decent community of blenders!