Naginata Dojo

Cheers, I’ll get to work :slight_smile:

Updated Render

Changes:

• Smaller Particles
  • Removed two front posters

The particles don’t look smaller because I rendered them at 1920x1080 and scaled them down to fit the size of this render which is half the size. The only visible particles take up just pixel each which makes them appear twice the size in relation to the rest of the scene. When I render it at the full 1920x1080, the particles will appear half the size but in greater numbers.

I’m pretty pleased with this so far and don’t have any concerns about it. I’m happy to blow this up declare it finished unless there is anything else I could improve.

Thanks for all your help so far!

ok. i cant see any thing else that is out of place, so yeah as far as i can tell it’s ready for its final render.

Hey man, this is looking amazing, but the only thing that strikes me as odd is how the light is only coming from the left, in a real environment, SOME (not as powerful) should come through the “windows” in the front.

Looks amazing, great job.

Yeah, I might put some light in the upper windows. The lower ones could be considered doors or windows into other rooms. I’ll think I’ll add that to the final render. Thanks :slight_smile:

Finished(?) Render

This would be 1920x1080 but BlenderArtists seemed to be rejecting it so I made it smaller, to 1280x720.

Sorry for the delay! I’ve been animating the particles and editing a video for my YouTube Channel and that kept me away from the forum for a while. Anyways, I hope you like it :slight_smile:

well done, a realy nice finished piece. i trust that this will be the result of your next tutorial series ?

So you’re familiar with my tutorials? Yes, this will be turned into a tutorial. I have a trailer coming out on Saturday. I don’t know when the actual tutorials will be released just yet, I still need to record them (probably over the weekend).

Also, thanks for your help. I beleived you’ve helped out on my previous projects like the Forest in Cycles and I don’t know if I expressed my thanks back then. So thanks!

Ahh… beeing a noob here I missed your latest rendering. They look much better and more interesting. I’m glad you fixed the mat, so my post wasn’t entirely in vain. :slight_smile:

Maybe too late now, but for me the pillars are not working. They look like completely raw tree logs, which I think in a dojo building would not be used. I think these should be straight with a board like texture, not a bark. I’d make them rectangular and maybe add some construction on top on which the supporting beams for the roof (which are also missing in my opinion) are resting. Long story short: the construction doesn’t look believable to me :slight_smile:

Lighting and mood of the image are excellent though. I especially dig the tatamis on the floor!

the pillars look fine. square pillars could be good too but round is just as acceptable. but support beams? :confused: how did we miss those? lol you will probably get away with that mostly though as the ceiling area is a bit dark!

Yeah, it is a little too late for this scene but I’ll be recreating the scene in a small while for a tutorial so all feedback is still welcome as it could influence my next one. I’m pretty happy with the pillars but what you said does make sense. As for support beams, that’s a good idea. If I can, I’ll definately squeeze support beams into the next scene. My only concern is that there might not be enough room in the shot for them to be visible.

It wasn’t vein at all! We were all noobs here once and your feedback could still be applied to the latest renders so it doesn’t even look like you made a mistake.