Nagra SN reel to reel recorder

Hi all !!!
Here is a Nagra SN i’ve modeled in 2.79 with Hard Ops addon some weeks ago. The Nagra SN was very popular during the cold war and used by the CIA and Stasi (East-Germany) for spying. Its 14.5cm x 10cm x 2.6cm or 5.7" x 3.9" x 1".

hope you all like it.

26 Likes

Thanks for showing! That’s really a beauty! :+1:

Thank you !!!

nice work !!

Thanks for the great model and the history lesson!

Annnnd… #featured!

2 Likes

Gorgeous. The thing that intrigues me more than anything is the texture (or Geo) for the tape on the left take up reel. How you realistically showed it wrapping uneven, that can be seen from the top.

I am curious if that was faked only with color and bump, which I am assuming it was. But I am curious of the source or technique for that texture.

EDIT, the only crit. The brush metal on the top is a little heavy. I would tone it down and scale it to be much more fine.

Here is one closer to yours:

Even still yours pops out as being a little bit more heavy handed and scaled up a bit too high.

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

look at you… top row.
Great work! So proud of ya!

WOOOW!!! Thank you so very much…

1 Like

Thanks… i’m so hyped right now. Thank you for you’re great addon.

Great model and i love those bold blue tape wheels. Makes stand out really great. My guess this was the one from the neutral side as you took the color blue :wink:

The tape effect was made using a modified worn out disk brake texture and generated normal.

Awesome job! this Nagra would cost thousands of dollars!