Name of my file?

Basic question. I am importing files with long names (I need to do it a bunch of times).
Where is Blender displaying the name of the file I imported ?

I lunched Blender, then imported and fbx file and I can not see the Blend scene showing the name of the file…I never needed this…but now I need to do it in a long list of files…could be useful to have the name of the file displaying in Blender so I can save it without looking in a long list.

Thank you

You imported the objects which are in the file which are named according to the content of that file. So for what do you need the name of the file ???

If you open a file in rhino or adobe…your project will have the name of that file…
so you open rhino and its call untilited…then I open Bruno.3dm and the rhino bar window will say rhino-Bruno

Its not a big problem…it is me trying to find out if that behavior is possible…

Open and import are different things. For me in Blender the titlebar of the window shows the named of the opend file.

1 Like

The only place that you can find this is in the system console…

All non-Blend files will just open as to their Mesh Name in the outliner…If you made the file you can keep the practice of Naming your Meshes something appropriate to the file… On an import from somewhere else, you get whatever the mesh is named at the time of creation or from a converter, etc…
Usually, it is something like Mesh001, etc…as in my example.
Blend files are another matter…they import with the Blend Name at the time of the saved Blend…like @Okidoki referred to…