Nano Machines

I like the way the blood vessel turned out, but there are three streaks through it (the black spots on the left) and I have no idea whats causing them. I like this idea, and I want to try to give it a more finished look.

Attachments

they remind me of angler fish. What do they do, and what is making them cast a shadow? maybe make it look like an electron scanning microscope, that would be cool.

The Black streaks look like folds inthe wall of the vein. Is it actually smooth?

Matt

Catboy85:
I’m not sure what they are for, I guess I’ll have to think of something. The shadows are from the lights in the scene, I’d rather not have the shadows, but i’m not sure how to disable them. How would I make the microscope effect?

Travelingmat:
Yes, the vein is smooth. I cut about away about 1/4 of a cylinder so you can see inside.

I thought the picture looked a little empty, so I added red and white blood cells. I can’t get the blobby look I want for the white blood cells.

Attachments

For blobby look you could try using metaballs. I guess making a distorted box with a couple of subdivisions and parenting a metaball with it with dupliverts on might do the trick.

I fixed the white bloodcells. Wereaser’s idea worked wonderfully.

Attachments

hmm make an animation the vien gets cut open and then the bacteria invade and the nanos and white blood cells fight em off…

Catboy85:
I’m not sure what they are for, I guess I’ll have to think of something. The shadows are from the lights in the scene, I’d rather not have the shadows, but i’m not sure how to disable them. How would I make the microscope effect?
Well I would have pointed you to a tutorial on how to do the effect but the link was broken so I tried to reproduce it as best I could.

here is the blend file

and what I was able to get
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6825/electronmicroscopelh8.jpg

Is this kinda what you meant? I’ll get the .blend to you later. I think animating it is a good idea, I might try it.

Attachments