nanoworld [updated]

hi, my very first pic with blender :smiley: , to understand newbie features, mblur, light and the SEM effect explain in blenderman.

c and c!

First of all, Welcome to Elysiun!

It’s a pretty good first image, much better than mine. The only thing I would
say you should do is add some small bumps to the blood vessel wall. To do
that you can just use a stucci texture with a small bump size set to nor map.

P.S. If you haven’t done so, you should probably get a copy of the Blender
Guide from www.blender.org

Good for a first image and does have a good SEM effect to it.

BTW: what is the little black thing in the light of the nanobots.

Don’t SEM images usually have some sort of coloring? Perhaps I’m mistaken but I think your image would be much more striking if it did. You might also want to consider some more contrast in the image. Right now it looks a little bit flat (not very don’t worry) whereas, most SEM images I’ve seen seem to have a very strong sense of depth to them. Any thoughts on this anyone?

Welcome to Elysiun and congratulations on your first post :smiley: Great first scene!

SEM pics are pretty much how he did in his pic (which is great btw :slight_smile: ). Sometimes they go in after and colour it up to make it look pretty. I’ll dig around on my comp, I may still have some SEM pics of some cloth fibres.

EDIT: Found them. Here is one

http://www.applepics.com/6/userfiles/41846b5a742ad.jpg

some kind of volumetric fx would be nice. Mist or something like that

first of all, thanks for the comments, I’ll keep working on this

Kansas_15
hmm, I’m not sure, something that shouldnt be there :slight_smile:

=KH=Lupus
thanks. I know it sounds offtopic ;), but what program did you use to make those measurements on the pic?

Hehe I don’t actually know. The guy put the sample in the machine for me and showed me how to move the picture around. The yellow lines were just drawn on (like a line in mspaint) with whatever software the machine was using and the computer calculated the distance (which I then typed in beside the line). The scale bar was put in automatically.

Very good for your first indeed!

I don’t have any crits, well done :slight_smile:

Mystery

hi again, i’ve added some normal to textures as somebody recommended and play a bit with ramp shaders too :slight_smile:
here it is

It would be cool if you could put in like a white blood cell or a virus :smiley:
It’s cool as hell though!

Yes ! Very good :slight_smile: And it’s an original idea

another update (and probably last one)
thanks for all those c and c :wink:

Nice :slight_smile: Blur is render good (hum, if I not clearly, tell me :wink: )