NASA inspired by Star Wars again?

(IMProvisar) #1

Check out this link to a new robot NASA is researching, and tell me the head doesn’t look like Boba Fett’s helmet…

http://vesuvius.jsc.nasa.gov/er_er/html/robonaut/robonaut.html

Too close more me… someone at NASA has a sense of humor.

Imp

(Schlops) #2

Well, BF’s helmet was inspired by some ancient Greek/Spartan/Trojan (skontar where are you?) helmet. Some designes are just too good.

(IMProvisar) #3

Hehe… Ok, to whoever voted “Who’s Bobba Fett”, go here http://www.lucasarts.com/products/starwarsbountyhunter/ Though technically that’s a picture of Jango Fett, it’s the same costume.

Imp

(Timonides) #4

Actually I’m allways here ( :stuck_out_tongue: )…

Well, I don’t know if B.F. was inspired by this specific type of helmet, but now that you mentioned it I can see some resemblance…

The robot’s head has a similar shape but it doesn’t look that similar…

I am happy when I hear that there is any kind of progress to the space program, cause I strongly feel that our future resides somewhere “up” there, among the stars!!! :wink:

Spyros.

(Alltaken) #5

lets just think about this one for a while shall we.

Hmmmmmmmmmm (thinking la la la la)

contemplating it a bit more now.

arrr yes i have it.

the people who make NASA stuff are geeks right!!! (i am right)
and presumably geeks like STARWARS right!!! (yep still right)
and they get their ideas from watching to much tv right!!! (right again)

so if you actually think about it they are just getting an excuse to make a costume from their favorite movie. (for millions of dollars)

sounds logical to me!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

(phrog) #6

Oh my goodness, you are absolutely right.

(pofo) #7

I can imagine that the shape of the head isn’t very important for the functioning of the robot. So why not make it look like “space-people” look in the movies. It’s good PR, and of course it’s more fun when you show pictures to your friends ;).

1. pofo

(Alltaken) #8

actualy the shape of the head is important

the t shaped slit in the head is designed especially because the camera needs to track along it so that it can look left, right, and down.

(rwv01) #9

They shoulda used C-3PO.
less intimidating…

(CubeFan973) #10

Um, it doesn’t look that much like Boba Feet. There is a resemblance between Boba Fett and Boba Fett, thought.

(valarking) #11

Hey! You speak engrish too? Jay!

(BMD) #12

Why am i not suprised??

(pofo) #13

:o Could it be that you’re one of those people who “expect the unexpected”?

1. pofo