Nature path + show reel

Hi guys!
Sorry for not posting here in a while!
This is my latest artwork and it was a PAIN to render.
Let me tell you why.
First time my web browser crashed and I couldn’t do anything but
force quit, second time I had rendered maybe 30 - 40 mins and I noticed that the grass had a wrong material and was too long. Third time I was a bit further and noticed that the uvs of the brick thing were messed up. Fourth time happened the same thing as first time but with file explorer. But after that I finally got it rendered half past 11 p.m. It took 2h 35 mins to render.
But I hope you guys like it.

Another thing!
I didn’t know where I should post this, so I decided to post it here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Feel free to criticise so I could get better. :wink:
Cheers! :slight_smile:

Nice render.i like colors and lighting, anyway in my opinion water at the edges is to flat.

Thanks! I’ll try to work on the water a bit more. Cheers! :slight_smile:

You have some really lovely renders, Erkkola. Lots of nice extras in the video too, I especially liked the red rocks at around 20 seconds. Keep up the great work!

Don’t feel so bad, it’s very common for people to abort renders because they notice something in the image was off or messed up (I’ve done it with renders that took far longer than just 30 minutes, and it wasn’t just aborting twice before everything was right).

The texturing and lighting overall is very nice, now you should take it to the next level by making use of displacement (Cycles displacement in the current buildbot builds is far more stable and advanced than what is found in the 2.77 release).