Nazgûl

I think the feet look a bit flat on the top. The top of the foot should arch up on the inner side more. Right now the foot looks flat across.

Well, that’s true. Just been 2 lazy 2 fix that issue… till now:

@JayDez: No cloth-modifier yet. I’ll probably do a test with it, when the model of the cloak is finished. Either that, or I’ma sculpt a bit on it, B4 adding the cloth-modifie. Anyways, it’s all done by hand, so far.

@Asgard-Aesir: I guess it’s the perspective that causes it to look flat, even though it ain’t. Look at the screenshot below:
edit: I should read more carefully. Now I realized what U meant. Damn, you’re right. I guess this is going to be complicated to fix. Eventually… but thx 4 the hint. It’s such details you tend not 2 see at all, if it’s you doin’ the work…

greetings, Kologe

edit2: Oh & one more thing: I know there’s one piece of the armour missing, pretty much right beneath the knee. Just forgot 2 copy that (and been 2 lazy 2 fix that up, too).

Attachments

nice, but the horse’s ears need to have some thickness.

great work!

edit: not sure what you’re working on at the moment, but you should either make the horse more evil, or more abused-looking.
he looks like he lives in a top-end stable, not on the road with a nazgul

When he gives it the shading/materials it may give it the look your thinking about spacetug. Otherwise maybe I would suggest closing the eyes a bit. Give it more of squinting look? I don’t know how it would actually look in a render…

On we go. Just finished the cloak (roughly). Gonna throw a cloth-modifier at it & see what this leads me to. But I guess I’ma need a whole lot of pinnig, 2 prevent it from smoothing all out. Anyways, we’ll see tomorrow (well, I will, not sure 'bout you guys… and not really tomorrow, as we’ve almost 9 AM here).

@spacetug: Guess it’s pretty much as JayDez assumed. I plan to make the eyes bloodshot. And, even though not exactly squintin, as JayDez suggested, I’ma probably have the horse have its eyes rolled up, as if it had lost conciousness. Apart from that, I might make the mouth lathery. Kinda as if the horse had rabies.
http://www.blendpolis.de/download/file.php?id=47845&mode=view

http://www.blendpolis.de/download/file.php?id=47844&mode=view

http://www.blendpolis.de/download/file.php?id=47843&mode=view

http://www.blendpolis.de/download/file.php?id=47846&mode=view

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9308/nazgltestv.jpg

greetings, Kologe

:o wow

Absolutely loving the detail in the clothing :slight_smile:

the top of front leg of the horse looks a bit wierd though?

looks like texturing will be fun… :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks good! I think the darker lighting suits the nazgul better. and as Saypen says, The clothing is awesome! I love how there is just that hole staring out. Although you will have to darken it( the face) a bit more.

WOW how are you gonna texture that thing? It will like take ages…getting the unwwrap just right. And since you have started to rig it it will be a animation right? I think you will have some proplems animating that…but it looks absolutely awesome…

Very nice job, I love it ! + 1 for the horse knees issue

I think this is the coolest model ever. The cloak is done in a really cool way. This is impressive.

Thx 4 reminding me of this over & over again, guys^^.

Looks good! I think the darker lighting suits the nazgul better. and as Saypen says, The clothing is awesome! I love how there is just that hole staring out. Although you will have to darken it( the face) a bit more.
Don’t worry, the lighting is as far from final as the shaders are :rolleyes:. I just thought those clayrenders were kinda boring, so I tried 2 make them a bit more appealing by adding some colour 2 the light. But the point is, that it’s still just the WIP-lighting & I’ma redo it, when the scene’s done. Just ain’t quite sure atm., what I’ma do first, rig the horse or do the environment… the last-mentioned might bring me some wellcome disversion. Well, we’ll see.
Anyways, I can calm you even more, the planed scene is gonna take place either in the evening, at nighttime or in the early morning (probably involving some mist in this case). So no devastating bright sunshine on our Nazgûl :cool:.
About the lack of darkness underneath the hood: You’re right, of course I just didn’t get it right on those renders & didn’t bother performing tons of test-renders 2 do so, 4 the moment. But be assured, I won’t leave it, as it’s now.

WOW how are you gonna texture that thing?
How should I know?^^ I still try to hope that projection painting will save my ass.

And since you have started to rig it it will be a animation right?
As already mentioned, it won’t. I mean it’d be way too awesome, I know. But anyway, please quilt pushing me towards such madness… It’d be such a huge amount of additional work & I’ma already be glad if getting it done as still. Just doing a nice walkcycle 4 the horse would be pretty much of an effort, not to mention having the collision-objects 4 the cloth-modifier move correctly, getting the cloth-sim itself right & animation-ready…
It’s rigged 2 simplify posing, especially as I need several Nazgûl in the scene. Theoretically all 9 of 'em, but I’m not sure, weather I’m gonna be able 2 have nine Nazgûl fitting into the camera’s viewport, along with the other stuff that’d be crucial 4 the scene. It’s pretty sure gonna be heavily widescreen, but I’m still quite unceartain about the composition.

Very nice job, I love it ! + 1 for the horse knees issue
Well, the mesh is kinda lowpoly there, so I guess I’ma have to add 1 or 2 more loops & then it should be easy 2 fix.

Apart from all that, thx 2 y’all.

greetings, Kologe

http://www.seanjmacisaac.com/misc/Blender/kologe.jpg
Looking good.

Finally something helpfull! (just kidding, I appreciate the help of you other guys as well :)). In any case, I had a try at adding bigger musculature to the horse (& hope I didn’t make things worse :confused:), which indeed looks better in my eyes. I left the ear as it was, due to the fact that it’s rather a posing- then a modelling-issue, in this case (or will be).
I also fixed some minor modelling-errors in the cloak &, as announced, started experimenting with cloth. Just to notice that edge split tears cloth apart (if above the cloth-modifier in the stack). So I got rid of that & will see later, how to make the cloak actually look, as if it consisted of several layers, with partly loose pieces dropping onto oneanother (didn’t test yet, weather edge-split can be put on top of cloth, but probably not, I guess). As assumed, I desperateley needed pinning 2 prevent the sim from smoothing all out. Wheightpainting was just roughly done 4 the moment, but it did better than I’d have expected in preserving the crinkles. I didn’r run the simulation till the end, by the way, so it’s partly swingin’ 'round a bit.

greetings, Kologe

Attachments

my wife says change the feet position. She’s a pro rider, apperently, you ride with the toes straight, not off to the side. (asthetically/artistacly speaking however, it looks better pointed out, but its up to you)

The front lef muscle the one that connects the lef to the body is to straight. Or it looks too straight, it might be the shadow. Make it rounder…:eyebrowlift2:

Awesome model, I think this will end up in the banner.

@C_sander: You’re perfectly right about that. Well, your wife is :). Not that I had any clue of riding, but it ain’t hard 2 tell from any image, what’s wrong about the direction in which the feet of my model are pointing. To be honest, I just didn’t get the rig right. So it’s actually not possible to pose the feet correctly as the IK doesn’t want to rotate the tigh, as it’d be nessessary. In few words, my rigging-skills are just too bad 2 get it right (the rigidity of the armour doesn’t help in simplifying things neither). So I could eventually solve the problem by switching to FK 4 the legs. Might be worth a try…
@Zarnik: Sorry, but what does the word “lef” mean? Never heared of that expression & even the omniscient oracle called “internet” failed in making it clear 2 me. You might indicate in a picture, what you mean?

… I think he meant to say “leg”

It looks like his legs are to scrawny for his build.
It might just be me though…

I agree with Zarnik and cire. The legs need a little work.
Looking great though. I can’t wait to see this finished!

Attachments

Heh, nice paint over Asano.
I was referring to the rider though.