Nebula generator

Me again
I understand your working on inproving your script by adding Explodion.Well i managed to create a fake Explosion.

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

http://blender.isoserv.com/uploads/BIG%20BANG%203.avi

I guess that name is sort of confusing. The explosion parameter is there to give the heavy particles (the ones that move around leaving traces behind, thus shaping the cloud) an initial speed moving them away from the center. It helps reducing the amount of clutter in the middle.

Hmmm, tomiko, I think you’re on to something there… <homer>hmmm, explosions…</homer>

@CubOfJudahsLion: thanks for your script! It totally rules, works great with Blender 2.42a.

Very nice. I’m getting some pretty impressive results from combining this with particle and halo effects :smiley:

Just wondering, but if this works (and it does work well) how would it have to be moddified to make normal earth clouds. The script gives the shape but what kind of material settings would you have to use?

Hi guys me again.
Heres another test with this awesome script.Not only the explosion was done with the script but the stars in the back ground as well…

amazing! could you share the .blend file? Or quickguide us on how you did it?
great work Tomiko :slight_smile:

Ok heres another one.If your wondering how i’m doing it,well it’s really simple.

On frame 1 scale down the particals.Make sure it small enough to hide behind the object.

On frame 250"for example" scale up the particals till it looks like an explosion.

Play around with the Halo size and texture to your liking…

ahhhh! nice. Thnaks for the tip :smiley:

he he,your welcome;)

KOOL…
I will give it a try…Thanks.

@afecelis: you’re welcome :smiley: . I haven’t worked in this for a while partly because I’ve been busy with other things, in part because I’ve been researching lattice fluid models… and they’re all VERY memory hungry, so I have yet to find a (possibly hybrid) approach that works.

I’ve definitely NOT given up on this project. Just want you dudes to know that ;D

Where I can get the latest version? The link posted to version 0.1.2 (http://z08.zupload.com/download.php?file=getfile&filepath=3064) doesn’t work for some reason (maybe the file has been removed due to timeout).

From what I have seen in the movies it looks really nice, but I cant find the link where I can download it. (same prob as zap :P)

it’s on the very firs post, but here’s the link anyway:
http://www.geocities.com/cubofjudahslion/blender/MakeNebula.zip

Lattice fluid models?? You mean a fluid simulation that can be shaped by a lattice rather then just taking the shape of a square domain cube. That would be really nice. There was and old 3Dworld Magazine cover last year that had a humanoid type female with a shiny chrome like material skin that looked like it was a fluid flowing from some point in space to form the figure’s body. I had tried to recreate that with blender, with no luck. First I tried metaballs then I tried fluid simulation. Both did not work. Or rather I did not have the skills to make them work. The problem was that I could make the metaballs and/or the fluid the proper material but I could not get it to flow into the form of the woman. I look forward to seeing your work on this . Keep us posted.

awsome, i need something like this for a plugin im making for a game Escape Velocity. Dont worry, ill give u credit :smiley:

wahouuu awsome work dude ! Great !

What a cool script, worked great for me (using SVN build of blender). Would sure be nice to figure out how to do spiral galaxies with a script like this…

This is using one nebula for stars (in addition to Blender’s internal star rendering), one for blue, one for black, and another for red. Most of them set to alpha of around 0.1.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8417/nebulate5.jpg

Hi guys i got rely interested about this thing and would need it for a small project i’m working on is it possible or is it long gone??

the links seams to be dead

Think i fount it after a quick google