Need a 3D model made to export to STL

I am in need of a high resolution model made of a ball made of numbers.

I need a design that can be exported as an stl file for the ball of numbers in the attached photo. Size is 9.5 inches in diameter. I will be 3D printing it so there are some issues and constraints.

There must be a sold ball(sphere) inside the mass of numbers. 6.00 inches diameter for the inside ball.

Because it is being 3D printed it cannot be exactly like the photo.

All numbers must be solid themselves and also have to be physically touching other numbers, or touching the inner ball to facilitate printing. Everything has to be connected(joined), no free floating pieces. In the photo there are many numbers that are just floating in space. This won’t work for 3D printing.

Random distribution of numbers (0 thru 9) and three or four sizes (1.5’ tall to 0.625" tall).
Enough of all numbers and sizes so that the inner ball can’t be seen, at least not seen to be a ball.
The photo does not have very random numbering. Too many 8’s and 5’s.

Everything, the inner ball and all numbers, have to be completely solid because I am casting this inside clear epoxy resin and it must be cast under approx 60psi pressure to compress any air bubbles.

I have learned from lots of experiments that things that have any air in them frequently allow air bubbles to be squeezed out and end up cast in the resin. I don’t want any bubbles in the finished cast sphere, so no air pockets in the numbers or inside ball.
Let me know any questions you have and share with me your experience and expertise with similar projects.
Payment thru paypal only. 25% to start, 50% when you demonstrate 50% complete, 100% when 100% complete.

What would you like to know?

I have sent you a PM, please check it out

Hi Jim!

It is possible that you have already solved this, but I want to share with you my portfolio for the next one.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.