need a clinent for IT cource module

I am currently studying for a BND(betec national diploma) in ICT. One of the assignments is to design and make a website for a real-life client.

The scenario: Students will carry out a design of a website for either, a local band, venue or artist. As the lead developer you need to carry out a real life development of a website for a client. You will need to look at all aspects of website design, development and review.

I have a fairly good understanding of standers compliant XHTML and CSS, and am reasonably good at 3D modeling(www.hessiess.com(and its valid). I also have limited knowledge of server-side scripting(PHP), though its not part of the course module(may be work-aroundable if necessary).

Time duration, I don’t currently know exactly, from my current understanding its going to be broken into 3 pieces, disighn, production and evaluation/tweaking. Don’t be surprised if it takes a long time(several months…).

im not charging anything, so if you want a free website, please reply or PM me. Thanks.

bump :spin::spin::spin::spin:

Whoa! You’re actually offering a free website? Unbelievable… what’s the catch?

the unit requires creating sketches, mood-bord(s) etc, so its going to take a long time…

anyone???

Sounds interesting,
I wouldn’t mind helping, but I’m busy with school atm - so commitment might get pushed to the backburner if there’s a test or something.

It might help to put up your concept sketches or your overall “feel” of the website.
I made a website, too - a looong time ago :)!
http://www.freewebs.com/mathlizard
I know, html/css but its been awhile :smiley:
oh yeah, and I’m currently updating my portfolios
My Videos on Vimeo
My Photos on Flickr

Whoah, you just want us to sit there and say “Good job, nice website” and act as though we’re a client?

If so sure why not. I’m perfectly capable of making my own sites so perhaps I can “help” you make it for me :smiley:

If you’re interested just send me a PM - unless you want to carry out this discussion in public.

Whoah, you just want us to sit there and say “Good job, nice website” and act as though we’re a client?

If so sure why not. I’m perfectly capable of making my own sites so perhaps I can “help” you make it for me :smiley:

If you’re interested just send me a PM - unless you want to carry out this discussion in public.

basicly, the client has to decide what the peropse of the website should be, and give some ideas for the layout. overview production, I have to do most of the work obviously. and complete a formal review when its finished.

welcome to the worst thing about designing web sites.
The Client. Of Course.

& the worst thing you can ever do on a web site.

need a clinent for IT cource module

more than needing a clinent, whatever that is?
You need a spelling cource. of course.

peropse? brilliant, can you design me a web site with this new language?

btw, even if the local musicians don’t pick upon your errors.
Your Tutor will.
Spell check your posts.
it’s good habit for web design.

I believe he has dyslexia if I remember correctly? Regardless, you make a good point :yes:

hessiess,
I was not having a go at you, so you know.
Just my way of saying, watch out.
I try to remember to use spellchecker for all my text.
When I go through the wiki & find a spelling error I made, ouch, I cringe.
Even when my Multimedia teacher drummed it into my head to always spell check,
I managed to do a pretty bad spell error in a final Flash Video.
Damnation’s!
Anyway, Good Luck with your course!