Need a little help

Well here we go again,

Me and some other people are making a FPS. We have much of the first level modeling and are trying to start on some game mechanics, first off neither him nor me can script, but I am not asking for a person who can script (though ti would be nice).

What I need is a very basic FPS template, I know Social has made his, but I have tried and tried to get it simpler and keep on failing. I need the basics of the basics, example: Mouse movement thingy, a gun attached that I can easily replace.

I have followed a couple tutorials on making a FPS mouse script and had one working, but two things - you would keep on rotating (no limits) and I can’t seem to be able to do it again.

so if somebody could please help me out it would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this rather long post.

Well so you are looking for a 1st person camera, mouse controlled?

Maybe do a search for 1st person camera, but use google with blenderartists.org in the site parameter.

yes kind of, basically a simplified version of Social’s FPS Template. Just something that can shoot, walk, and move with the mouse.

Also I was messing around with Social’s FPS Template and it led me to a question:

Does it actually shoot anything? like a really small ball or something? if not, could someone please explain how that works to me. Thanks.

Here’s pretty much what you’re asking for (simplified FPS). It’s been a while sense I looked at it, but I think it has a save/load script for scene changing. You’ll notice the camera script is not similar to Social’s template but most everything else is. The script I use here actually runs faster in the tests I did. However, on the downside, it causes strange visual glitches when you use Blender Materials. In fact, I gave up on that camera script a long time ago for that reason. In any case, it might help you to understand how everything works.

http://www.4shared.com/file/23615919/91c61760/FPSSA.html

Does it actually shoot anything? like a really small ball or something? if not, could someone please explain how that works to me. Thanks.
It uses a ray sensor. Depending on the ‘property’ that your aiming (shooting) at it spawns either “bullet hole” or a “bullet force” cube, which can both be seen on layer two. Once you break everything down and dissect it, it’s fairly simple.

Here’s a bare camera rig with look/walk/run. This is the ‘good’ camera script courtesy of Social.

http://www.4shared.com/file/33080051/d49d1019/Mouse.html