Need a new laptop

Afternoon all…

Thanks to the Gods of Poor timing…

My Lenovo T61 laptop took a header off of a corner table and seems to be
pretty much toast… can not get her to boot at all… and sadly I may have to replace it…

That being said… I thought I would come to you… the gurus… and see what you recommend for a fairly cheap yet reliable laptop for use with Blender…

Currently I am using 2.49 but I am aware that at some point I will have to move on to 2.5…

My Lenovo had a dual core and was a decent unit…

What ya suggest? Financing would be nice ala Dell etc… would like to keep it in the $800 USD range if at all possible…

Thanks for the insight, time, etc…

send me a lionk if youhave one…

Cujo!

go for a desktop

+1 for getting a desktop.

but you’re allowed your preference :slight_smile:
The dell studio 17 looks like an incredible deal, you’ll end up spending a little over 800, but that’s its list price.
4gb ram, 500 gig hard drive (huge for a laptop), 17 in (LED!) screen
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=dndotw2&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

I got my laptop about 3 years ago and I paid around $1500 for a laptop that has the same processor speed, a smaller screen, 2 gig less ram, a smaller hard drive. THe only thing is that it has a good graphics card. The studio 17 defaults to intel graphics. Which would suck. You can pay another $200 to add on a Radeon card though.

Asano

I looked over the specs of the Dell deal. It seems to be actually way overpriced.

HP has a much better deal running: For the same 800 base price I already get an i7 dual
or AMD x4 a Radion HD and not Intel HD onboard and 6 GB ram.

Man do I love internet because you can compare prices so fast!

Maybe it is overpriced nowdays. I haven’t bought a computer since that laptop I got and I see the specs on these new machines and their price tags and I think “holey crap!”

pcs loose value faste than cars sad

but on the other side amazing how well cpus evolve recently