Need advice losing interest in CG

Ehh, how? Do you have an example of a continuous curvature surface model? Or simpler, a tangent to basically anything curvy? How about a 25cm perfect hole, able to produce a machined hole within a given hole tolerance? How do you export G-codes to a lathe, or optimize tooling paths for a mill?

1 Like

Rather I should have said I’ve read the “Precision modelling in Blender” PDF every year or so for the past 10 years,I suspect this job isn’t too fussy over microscopic level perfect modelling.
“We need a 5 mm disk with a ridge!” etc. :smiley:

This is maybe too simple an example, I now see how using a solidify modifier on a sphere has funny behavior with a checkerboard sphere face duplicated selection. I just used a ‘track to’ modifier on a cube and then spin to show what I think you wanted to see. I didn’t test the boolian I wonder if that looses some watertight continuity with this spherical insinuation :smiley:

Mainly I just want the job they offer with the added possibility that I can 3D model to hopefully give me whatever the vague entry job is.
It can’t be actually operating a mill at entry could it? Probably just polishing, I’ve know people years ago who do this but I’ve never actually visited.

1 Like

You’ve gotten tired. You might have put to many steady hours into your work for long time. A break, yes you need just need to rest. After resting, getting sleep, doing something different for some time, then you might feel better about doing the work again. If this is true, then come back to it later, but come back to it with less time in the day devoted to your project. You can get ‘burned out’. If that happens, you’ll never return to it.

There might be something else your tired off. The UI, the colors, your background image, the music you hear. I know one can get sick of the default blender colors quick. You could try finding a color theme done by another artist.

Maybe something about your keyboard irritates you. Maybe it’s the mouse. there could be a smell bothering you. For some reason you could be irritated, annoyed.

If you have a smaller monitor, upgrading to something bigger might ease some burden. Bigger, I mean a 32".

Maybe outside traffic, near a busy road?

1 Like