Need advice

Okay, let me preface this with I am horrible at modeling, especially in Blender (which is a great program, imo).

Now to the meat:

I have a roleplay that I am a member of which uses it’s own original content. There is art for some of the stuff that exists for it, which is neat. But I was thinking of making up renders for some of the stuff. After a few months of attempting to learn blender I have come to the conclusion that I just lack the skill/patience for it.

Anyway, here’s my question: Are there places where you can hire CG modellers to do this stuff (like rent-a-coder type places), and if so is it usually expensive?

edit: pretending that it is possible to hire said people, is it unreasonable to ask for a copy of the final model in a file?

"After a few months of attempting to learn blender I have come to the conclusion that I just lack the skill/patience for it.
"
This really…I’m having a hard time believing this.
You really tried?
Blender has a fast paced interface especially when you know the short keys.
I recently started with Blender and pretty much learned the Basic of modeling and some in a short period of time.(less than 2 days)
Are you sure you “tried”?
But if you say so =).
Hiring modellers…unless they are your friends…they will demand a price for it alright.
Just get back in there and try and try! video tuts are great and look up for the chart that explains all shortkeys!

not everybody is a character modeler Sidar !!!

Yoroko

as said it will cost money and often it is not cheap.

however when you hire somebody you ALSO get the file because you pay for it
and than you also own the rights to exclusively use it.

claas

Claas,
Yes i know that, however knowing the interface and actually making use of the tools(wether it be character or object modeling) is a different story =P.
I think yoroko shouldn’t be so quick to give it up.
It might be intimidating, hell it was to me when i first started with 3DsMax.
But Yoroko, just hang in there. It’s more than rewarding =).

True as well - that is why we have this great community here.