Need Budget GPU for blender 2.8?

Hi friends,

I am new here and a beginner. I need a good GPU for my pc but do not know what to buy since blender 2.8 still in beta and don’t know much about the software. my pc specs

Windows 10
Intel - Core i7-8700K
Asus - Prime Z370-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
EVGA - 600 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

My budget is £200 as I can’t spend more because I recently built my pc :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help

Best regards

GTX 1060 6GB is about 200 pounds on amazon.co.uk. A 2060 would be prefereable but is another 100 pounds.

AMD gurus can chime in with their equivalents.

1 Like

Honestly with as many used video cards that are on the market right now from people getting out of the bitcoin, I would hit up Ebay for a couple GTX 1080 TI’s.

2 Likes

Thank you for your replies. I really appreciate them. but 1080ti is beyond my budget at the moment and I don’t do pro for now as I am just a learner . is 1060 6gb compatible with blender 2.8 version? because I am afraid to buy a GPU now but after Blender become stable. it wouldn’t work. and as you know my pc is enough Powerful.

Please, what is your recommendation for that budget?

Best regards

A 1060 will be more than fine for 2.8. I have one along with an old 1050Ti and both are OK.

Thank you very much, John, for the suggestion. Wow, you have amazing works. keep it up.

1 Like

If you are willing to search the used market that budget should be able to get you a Vega 56 at the very least.

AMD RX-580 has sometimes sales and goes below £200. It has 8GB of memory and is good with Vulkan. However I would recommend nVidia 1060 3GB or the 6GB version just because it works from the get go and you don’t have to wait a year for Blender to be updated to work with AMD cards. Look into if nVidia 1660 has a sale or something, it’s pretty close to 200£.

The RX 580 is my recommendation too, but you need to check your psu before picking out any graphics card. Not all rx 580’s have the same pin connectors. There is the newer rx 590 with more power than a 580. If your really hurting, you can get a 4gb rx 460. The rx 460 should cost around 75 on eBay. is about as strong as your 1060, according to gpuboss.com The rx 460 has no external power connectors, and you can even find one without a fan.