Need help asap

Hello, I am completely new to any of this but i was wondering before i jump into this to deep(Money wise) Which computer do i need spec wise 1 or 2? I wish to mostly use blender for making A Manga of my book And Also use it to maybe animate some stuff. Maybe some games but thats not why i’m investing in such a computer (These are both Alienware Aurora from thier website)
Any help would be awsome! <3
(Sorry if posted to wrong place i am lost and new here!)

Computer 1
270Fps
1080p
8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 8700
Windows 10 Home 64bit English
16GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2666MHz; up to 64GB
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 OC with 8GB GDDR6
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Computer 2
270Fps
1080p
9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 9700K
Windows 10 Home 64bit English
16GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2666MHz; up to 64GB
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 OC with 8GB GDDR6

Its all depends where you live, if you live in US, Go to newegg, and get prebuild one their, the best thing you can get is Ryzen7 + gtx 2080 save money on rgb and liquid cooling, if its working machine you won’t need that, also never do the financing from dell, its impossible to pay it off, trust me, they will rip you off

Yes I Live in Us, my budget is $1,500 roughly. I was told I need a

• 64-bit 8core gpu
  • A very high Cpu (No clue what that is but was told ndivia was best by a lot of users I follow on DA)
  • A 3.2 compatible graphics card to top
  • Windows 10 or higher
    (Was planning on more memory 1-2 Tb because well it’s a big project honestly what I’m making)
    Is the gtx better than rtx? (Every answer i found was rtx tops gtx an mostly anything
    (Also game wise was hoping to use for VR)

Well, its up to you man, you don’t really need that powerful rig for the stuff you mentioned, I was able to do animation and archviz on my Alienware from 2014, my amd graphic card burned 2 years later, and I switched to gtx 1060 6gb, and it worked just fine for games and modeling. I got rtx 2080, because I thought that would make large difference, also I really wanted to play Metro: Exodus with rtx, but that was a disappointment really. For the stuff you mentioned, you would really need just 1080, just save money on the power you would probably never use and get a large screen my friend

Who did tell you that?

Nearly every user I’ve come across honestly
What exactly is the difference between a CPU and GPU…i’ve googled this an still don’t understand.
Which your video card/graphics card and which is the processor?
Like is CPU/GPU the i7 stuff? or like the windows 10 thing?? or is it like something else…
(I feel like i’m asking too many stupid Q’s but I honest to god am lost on all that technical stuff)

CPU is the main computer, GPU is the graphics card used for 3d gaming, somewhat Blender viewport, and definitely final rendering stuff. You have those reversed here. Better CPU means better performance in some cases, but it’s not going to make the difference between doing and not doing. Better GPU is generally also speed only, but you want one with probably 6GB or more memory so you can render non-trivial scenes (the GPU provides the best performance for final rendered results). System RAM is a capacity thing. Having more means you can handle bigger scenes, and do bigger rendering (when the GPU doesn’t have enough memory) and 16GB is a good number to start with. RTX is newer than GTX but not that much different in Blender. an Nvidia 2080 Ti is the top of the line, but a 6GB 1060 will do pretty much all the same stuff if a bit slower for a lot less money. If you want to do VR, probably a 1070, 1080, 1080Ti, 2070, or better would be good. All of these will work just fine on a single 1080p display.

Whatever you buy will be obsolete to some degree in a year, and in a desktop computer it’s pretty easy to upgrade things like system RAM memory and GPU cards, and disk storage, so you can always start with a modest configuration and upgrade it later.

2 Likes

Okay i think i kinda understand better, thank you

Let’s try something a little different.

Can you by any chance tell us what you are using right now? Hard and software wise. Maybe we can take the upgrade route. Which will save you a lot of money.

Also, are you sure you really want to use Blender?
Don’t get me wrong on this one. I don’t want to discourage anybody from joining us but I have a feeling it might not be the best choice for you.

For one Blender is a very tech-heavy piece of software. Yes, it is for artists but you need to understand some generally computer related things to use it to its full potential. I am not sure if this the case right now.

The second thing is you might be better off with a pure 2D package for what you want to do. Did you have a look at Krita? May be you can tell us a bit about your intended workflow. Do you want to scan already existing art or do want to create everything from scratch?

Last question. Have you tried to run Blender on hardware you own right now? If yes how did it go?
I am asking because Blender can run for simple tasks on surprisingly old/ budget machines.

1 Like

I have a VERY old Mac, (Update tho on my last post I bought another computer windows computer that works wonderfully.)
I’ve actually been studying up on Blender an other such programs for 2 years now, I’m making a book from scratch. (Already have 2 models made an down pact lol)
I just struggle with the nodes at this point like say you want the object two toned in a gradient.
Thank you though, also no worries about the struggle i’m to stubborn to give up something once I start it up XD