Need help choosing a new PC [Solved and Purchased]

Go with first one

but downside side , no SSD, and probaply no usb 3

I would though buy an old Apple pro tower, they cost around 400usd, would have
to be in good condition and there is something annoying how blender is easier to
use on Windows, some difference… I never really narrowed it down.

I just finished building my new PC and WOW is it amazing!!! I’ve only just started playing around with it and I’m already extremely impressed. It’s so quiet too! I got a free download of Rocket League with my graphics card so I’m looking forward to seeing what gaming is like. I also did end up getting a 120GB SSD and 1TB HDD. The total was about $730, but I don’t regret one cent of it! :slight_smile:

Could tell us about the final specs?

(Happy Blending with your new rig:))

Also I feel this would be good to help you decide.
A lot of community info here. Blender Cycles Benchmark data base.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1psFPpeFfkOaPySq5A-VnAecyw6bz3Rw0SkA46NNAfy4/edit#gid=0

The final parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/APilcher/saved/VRhhMp
also added the main specs to my signature.

I would definitely recommend this build if anyone is looking for a budget friendly build! So far I’ve been able to play every game I’ve tried on ultra without any problems.

Look. I saw your build, and it seems beautiful.
I like to say optimistic things, because there’s no way you’d know better.
That probably didn’t make sense, what I mean is that I have friends who have taken my advice for building thier PCs. Along the way, there are many times where I would say “you should dish out X extra dollars. It might seem expensive now, but trust me in the long run it’s worth it.” They would acknowledge this claim of mine but insist that it was okay to cheap out.
And you know what ended up happening? They loved the shart out of their rigs. This is because, honestly, they don’t know better. It’s like being happy with a middle class salary, and some rich guy tells you that you’re missing out on the rich life; it may be so, but if you don’t even know what the rich life is then how can you know you’re missing out?
Now I’ll recommend that you get a solid state drive, at least 120 gigs of some cheap Adata SSD, because it will make a world of difference. I do agree with others when they say this is a must…
But that’s the rich life talking. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: I wrote this while you were writing that.
Nice SSD choice. 1000x approved

@KingPeuche You’re so right about the rich life analogy. I really didn’t know what to expect from a new pc. I was expecting something faster and more powerful than my old laptop, that’s it. A few days ago I really could not have even imagined using a pc as responsive as this.

I never noticed it before, but Blender was always lagging for me with everything. There was a slight few millisecond delay after every action I did. Now, everything in Blender feels like 100% realtime, videos are insanely crisp and gaming is incredible. Everything is all around more immersive. I know I still didn’t get the absolute best parts, but yeah, I’m really glad I spent a little bit more. Thanks for the persuasion :slight_smile:

The SSD is SO NICEEEEE! I saw a lot of people boasting about 10 second boot ups on pcpartpicker. I’ve counted several times and my boot up is only 4 to 5 seconds every time!!

It will take some time to fully adjust to the new machine. It is an world apart from anything else I’ve owned.

You’ve already built your pc?? How was the experience?

Honestly, not that eventful. I just unboxed everything and then put it together. Assembling took maybe 2 - 3 hours because I kept double checking everything so much, and installing the os and drivers took about another hour. I was half expecting something to go horribly wrong, but nothing did.