Need help with a script

Ok I have a question, I am using a very simple script to activate a actuator:

cont = GameLogic.getCurrentController()
own = cont.getOwner()

Rot = cont.getActuator("Rot")

if own.getLinearVelocity()[1] > 1:
	GameLogic.addActiveActuator(Rot,1)

However after the conditions are met it never stops the actuator. So for example my object hits the speed that the script needs to continue, then the script runs the line, but it never turns the actuator off when the “IF” statement is no longer being met.

Assuming that I had to just turn the actuator off manually I tried this:

cont = GameLogic.getCurrentController()
own = cont.getOwner()

Rot = cont.getActuator("Rot")

if own.getLinearVelocity()[1] > 1:
	GameLogic.addActiveActuator(Rot,1)
elif:
	GameLogic.addActiveActuator(Rot,0)

This worked perfectly but there was a problem. It would work properly for about a 15 seconds, using the actuator only when the objects velocity was over 1, and then suddenly it would stop using the script altogether.

The script is meant to use the “TrackTo” Actuator which makes a car turn to face an empty in front of it that rotates with the camera, the desired effect is something close to Halo’s stile of vehicle driving. Everything else works like it is supposed to. I apriceate any help you are willing to give.

Alright I figured out what the problem is. The second script was correct, the problem is that “getLinearVelocity()” gives me the global velocity, what I need is the local velocity so the script knows how fast the object is going. All I needed to do was change the line to “getLinearVelocity(1)” Thanks to everyone who might have helped me, and I hope this helps any one with the same problem.