Hi there, I’m building a new PC that I intend to use professionally for 3D modeling, animations and game development. Softwares that I will mainly use are Blender, Lumion and Unreal Engine. I’m usually making architectural visualisations that include a block of buildings, parking with cars, trees, grass, people, and similar, where I will fly around and show the building and area around it. So the scenes could get quiet big.
I would like to get a build that will allow me to have no lag in blender while working on it as well as a good or at least decent render time. My budget is around 1800-1900 euros.
I’ve been looking at the next guide and got the idea for my build:
But I’ll be buying from my local PC Shop and we got to the next build:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: I didn’t chose this, since I thought to let the guy at shop chose the appropriate one
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 VENTUS GP PCIE or COLORFUL GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 SUPER Advanced
Memory: 64GB (4 x 16GB) G.Skill 16GB Aegis DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 CL16 or 64GB (1x64GB) HyperX 64GB Predator DDR4 2666MHz CL13 HX426C13PB3K4/64
SSD: WD 500GB Blue M.2 SATA M.2 2280 WDS500G2B0B
HDD: WD Blue 2TB 3.5’’ 54rpm 64MB SATA3 WD20EZRZ
Power Supply: Riotoro ENIGMA G2 650W 80 GOLD
Case: Redsky Rampage
I have a few questions about this build and I hope some of you will be able to answer them.
- While reading the article on cgdirector he said that it’s better to buy the full amount in one kit instead of separately. So is it better to buy 1x64GB instead of 4x16GB?
- Do you think that 64GB is overkill and that I should go with 32GB? I went with 64GB just to be sure that I have enough for every situation I might find myself into, and since it can fit into my budget I think it’s not a problem to buy it.
3.Also when it comes to RAM, the 1x64GB kit is CL13 while the one I listed above is CL16, and on cgtrader they said " The lower the CL and higher the Clock Speed, the better. ". So which one should I go?
- Which graphics card should I chose from the two above? The second one is a bit more expensive than the first one but by looking at the info there is not much difference between them(for a layman like me).
- Are these graphics cards and processor good with Blender or there are some better within the same budget?
- Which mouse and keyboard would you recommend?
- In general, what are your thoughts about this? Do you have some better recommendation and will this be good for Blender and Unreal in general?
When it comes to SSD and HDD, I’m planning to use SSD for OS and project files on which I’m currently working, and HDD would be for backup and library.
I’m sorry for asking so many questions, but I’ve been saving money for a few years now in order to buy this PC so I’d like to do everything right and not make a mistake like I did last time when I was buying a laptop and when I brought it home I couldn’t do half of the things that I’ve wanted to do with it
Edit: I don’t need monitor. Only case, mouse and keyboard, although most of the budget is in case and what’s in it.