Need help with variable particle speed and size.

Hi

I’m making a basis test jet exhaust with heat distortion, so far it’s going well but i am having trouble with 2 things.

1. I want the particles to become larger or smaller depending on particle age (in this case they should start small and end fairly large). The problem is that the particles i have are starting small at the start of the anim and getting larger the longer the animation runs (this means that large particles are spawning right from the start, not what i want)

2.I want particle velocity to increase and decrease depending on the scale of the “thrust” empty.

.Blend file below, “ring” controls major direction, “thrust” controls the surrounding fins (scale and move it to get desired effects). Some passive empties were moved to the second layer because they were cluttering the view.

Attachments

jet exhaust.blend (1.75 MB)

1. I want the particles to become larger or smaller depending on particle age (in this case they should start small and end fairly large). The problem is that the particles i have are starting small at the start of the anim and getting larger the longer the animation runs (this means that large particles are spawning right from the start, not what i want)

Change the blend texture from Vertical to Horizontal

Thank you, it works now.

I was thinking of doing the second part with either drivers or data paths, just need to find out how they work again.