Need Help With Wings Please

I’m modeling a blue dragon from D&D for practice and a noob challenge. It’s going along pretty well but I need help on the wings. I have the fingers down and I think I have the webbing down as well but I can’t add edge loops to the webbing and when I subdivide it to make the model smoother, the wings get all weird… The way I did the webbing was, I modeled the fingers of the wing first then connected them with the ‘Shift-F’ thing. Is there something I need to do with the webbing in order for Blender to allow edge loops? Is subdividing the correct thing for me to be using? Have I gone in completely the wrong direction? Please help!
I’ll post pictures if deed be of course.

shift F results in messy geometry. do it manually or use the new grid fill feature.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Modeling/Meshes/Editing/Faces

The way I did the webbing was, I modeled the fingers of the wing first then connected them with the ‘Shift-F’ thing.

That’s ok. To add loop, what you need to do first before adding the web, is to extrude that edge line out a little. That will add loop between finger edge line and webbing.