Need previous version of 2.8

I believe yesterday’s /BlenderRigify was completely broken and would not actually load. That’s fixed in today’s version currently downloadable. It was a fix to deal with changes in the python API I believe, and the issue may be related to the fact that the scripts Rigify generates for your rig (which go along with the .blend file and so you don’t even need the add-on after that) need to be re-generated to work with the latest 2.80.

Try creating a quick new rig from scratch and see if those panels show up. If that works then you may just need to get Rigify to re-generate the scripts for your existing rigs (I’m not a Rigify user so I don’t know exactly how you do this).

So you need something older than yesterday if you want things working the way that they were before.

Some info in the dev task linked in:

It’s possible to check-out the Blender source code and add-on code to a specific commit point and build Blender as of that version, but that takes some work to set up if you’ve never compiled Blender yourself before.

Professional users never update their tools during a project for reasons which should now be apparent. Most film productions for example will be using tool versions that are several years old because they know how to make those specific versions work reliably in their pipeline. So if you choose to live dangerously, always save every version you download!

1 Like