Need Some Good Tutorials for empties with wheels.

My goal is to get my two front wheels on my jeep turning while spinning. I have drivers added so the spinning part is covered, but I’ve been told to add empties to the wheels to get them turning. I need someone to go into further explanation with this, especially the parenting part of it. Are the empties supposed to be parented to the main controlling object with in my case is the vehicle body? Also which empty do I select? Can somebody please help me with this.

not sure how using just an empty. you would need some bones in the wheel to point to the emptynot quite sure how it would work while the wheels were spinning and not knowing how your car rig is set up, but having some wheel bones as track to targets parented to the wheel then poit the target bones to be children of the empty. not 100% on how its all done though, it has been quite a while since i last rigged a car. i’ll try and look into it some more, unless you get a better answer soon. sorry :slight_smile:

I’ve been told to add empties to the wheels to get them turning.

Do you mean to steer the wheel left or right? For that case you use Empty as a target for the wheel to point to using Track to constraint.