Need some help regarding 'fake reflections'

Hello.
I got some issues with reflections. At the moment the fake reflection input in coordinates only work when the object is being rotated/moved, but if it is parented to the camera ,nothing happens anymore.
I just want it to act the same like when its not connected to camera.

Please check the .blend.
Select the cylinder and rotate it > Reflection works.
Select the camera and rotate it > No more reflection.

How would I make it reflect even if it is parented to camera? Any shader,or node, or anything…Please help me on this, I cant find a way to make it work.

Thanks.

Attachments

ref.blend (576 KB)

Lets see,

If I rotate the camera looking through the camera nothing happens,

If I am looking at it from another point of view, the reflections are working rotating both the camera or the cube,

It seems that the reflection effect is relative to the point of view.

Damn,i just cant find a way…i so need it :frowning:

I think the reflections are behaving correctly. Like martin mentioned, the reflections are based off of your point of view. If you never change your point of view or the rotation of the object relative to the camera, the reflections never move. For example, spin the cylinder alone around, and the reflections update correctly. However, spin it around on the z-axis, and the reflections never change. That’s because at any point in the rotation, the cylinder looks basically the same. Compress the cylinder on the X-axis, and you can see the reflections when you rotate it on the Z-axis. That’s my incorrect idea, at least.

Anyway, you could try a node material and mixing the view input with the global input from the Geometry node. Here’s a harsh test. Note that it lost all shading because I’m doing a pure texture > output setup - you can multiply a normal white material with the texture to basically get it back to normal. With some tweaking, it might be usable.

reftest.blend (533 KB)

Thanks SolarLune,but i am a total noob regarding nodes, i cant manage to make it look normal(with alpha and overlay)

Okay, here’s another example where the reflection is mixed in with a normal gray material. You should be able to basically set up the base material to look the way you want with, and then ‘add’ the reflection on top in the node material setup.

reftest2.blend (544 KB)

Put the light behind the object parented to the camera and move the and move camera along the z. i can see the light move.

Well,i already managed to do that…but the result is still not as wanted.
Check the image.

Attachments

You can set the mix node that mixes the texture in with the material to Add to add the color in, and change the factor to tone it down. I can’t seem to find a way to separate the alpha from the image to mix it in correctly as you have it in your original material. Maybe you could ask that on the general Blender section (materials and textures).

yes, is the same that happen with the sphere (there was one post some week ago)
basically the image reflected is ever back to you.

the sphere and , the cilindre , here too “round” and reflect “too well” , paradoxally give this bad effect.
deform a bit the cilindre(we say add some error) , to get the reflect effect